Ranking
Original Post
What PC/Laptop Manufacturer Do You Dislike and Why?
As you like pc and notebook, I think you also hate some pc/laptop right??

Post here the pc/laptop that u dislike. I dislike ACER because:-

- With looking at the specs you feel this laptop is some pricy

-Graphics card should be higher like GeForceT Go 7600

- It lacks Express card

- Battery life is not so good although this laptop is a mainstream laptop but battery last maximum for 3 hours.

- For listening to music you need better speakers

- Bluetooth is not integrated

- It does not have a FireWire port

- You can not find this laptop with Vista yet and it comes with Windows Media Center

- It doesn’t have security features like fingerprint reader

- It doesn’t have built-in TV tuner and you have to add it by using the PC card
Last edited by fbi69; Jun 6, 2010 at 06:40 PM.
This user is Rated-R-Player
I dislike HP, because with all their products, not just PC's, use way too many separate programs to keep the device up and running. I used to own a laptop from HP, and my RAM was being devoured by all these programs. (I bought a dell later and was happy). the printer I currently have is by HP as well, and just to let it be connected to my computer there has to be 5 programs open.
I feel your pain man. Seems like every manufacturer stuffs bloatware into your pcs, from netbooks to $3000 gaming laptops. Example: even on their ROG line, asus installs those crappy flash games. As if anyone buying a powerful computer would still be playing that!
Even with optimizing programs like tuneup, there was still a lot of the bloatware left.
I think it's also there to push regular consumers toward services like best buys "optimization". All they do is delete the bloatware. Of course your pc will feel "20% faster". They don't do anything magical, but I think they have discs tailored for them to automatically clear everything. Worst part is, they charge $40 iirc.

Well Ill be the first to say this: I hate apple, not because of their pricings or anything, their materials are great and design is beautiful, but I wish they would offer macs with more power inside them. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more because frankly, macs are easier to us for the whole family, which would really benefit my mom, cuz I still can't get her to know how to use XP. Like imagine an HD mobility 5870 and an i7, but instead of being inside a 12 lb brick with 90 minutes of battery life, it's in a sleek univody mac. That's where our technology should be.

Oh and the obligatory alienware hate: expensive expensive expensive! Cases are....flashy....but all plasticky too. Gaudy lights everywhere, gives the average Joe a really bad impressionabout gaming rigs and their cost. Oh and their "watercooling", just a corsair h50. You'd think that they'd at leas have the option for a custom expandable loop when you get a $4000 lightshow, after all, those nvidia 400 graphics cards really could use wc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]

They just dont pay any attention 2 the beauty of Laptops and also they use sick hardwares....
Last edited by ARMIN0; Jun 6, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
:(){ :|: & };:
Anything pre built.

Why? Cause you get a fuck load of junk apps pre-installed, that are useless, and 99% of the time, the machine isnt upgradable.
Originally Posted by bmanfoley View Post
I dislike HP, because with all their products, not just PC's, use way too many separate programs to keep the device up and running. I used to own a laptop from HP, and my RAM was being devoured by all these programs. (I bought a dell later and was happy). the printer I currently have is by HP as well, and just to let it be connected to my computer there has to be 5 programs open.

My first ever computer was HP and I hate them I still have the printer because its damn good, but I have to install 3 separate HP software packages to use it *shakes fist*

Yeah HP are my pet hate of computers, its what made me move to custom built computers as well, my dad brought it me for like £500 and even at the time it was a shockingly bad computer, I think we ended up killing it with fire xD!
Hate tier: Apple
Dislike tier: Everyone else

More of them need to start including s/pdif in lower end laptops for people who want a cheap control hub