Ranking
Original Post
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Challenges
Daily,Weekly, and Monthly Challenges

So after playing toribash for a long time now I realized that I was losing motivation to play multiplayer more and more by the day. Then it hit me, wouldn't it help me and other players be more active in game if there were challenges that you could complete from day to day to give your random multiplayer games more purpose.

For example:

Daily Challenge - Decap 5 people in official servers / Reward 2,000TC

Weekly Challenge - Deal 10 Million Points of Damage to Other players in total / Reward 10,000TC

Monthly Challenge - Decap Icky or Sparky / Reward Player Icon of Icky or Sparky's head bellow player name in game. (Similar to the icon that you can get to have your own tori's head displayed below your name.)

While toribash does have tournaments and stuff for players only one person can win a tournament and the reset times on them can be pretty annoying to wait for. Challenges on the other hand can't be failed with one match and players won't be as discouraged over time trying to work for them since they can take breaks while working on them.

I feel like implementing this system will give players of less skill more of a drive to become more competitive within the community and overall strengthen the community of Toribash.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I Really Support this Idea because i find it exciting and making Everyone train and do challenges which is cool btw.
I find this a good idea, yeah but what if this system can be abused? I'm not talking about alts. But 2 players Co-oping to do the decap thing. I'm not trying to take a piss on this suggestion, cause i do find it a good one.
But maybe you should do belt restrictions. Like maybe for white belt to... lets say blue belt. - You can have a challenge like well lets take your example. But since decapping is hard for beginners, all they have to do is beat a black belt and above maybe? They're prize can be random items from magical sack and or 500TC from the tourney system.

Now going to higher belts, from brownbelt to... lets say 4th dan. You can have a challenge where you have to... Let's say... Winning 5 tourneys in a week. or more. Earning them 5000TC. It may be hard, but it would definelty keep the younger players at this game for more. And they can go share it with their friends (if said person has freinds :C). And toribash can multiplie and take over the interwebs like agar.io. probably not though.

Moving from 5th dan to 10th dan black belt. Decapprize. 10 decaps in 1 month ( preferably the aikido family because this might be farmed like i stated previously.)The prize could be 10-20k.

And so on and so fourth.

If you may have not sensed it while reading this shit.
supported
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
I find this a good idea, yeah but what if this system can be abused? I'm not talking about alts. But 2 players Co-oping to do the decap thing. I'm not trying to take a piss on this suggestion, cause i do find it a good one.
But maybe you should do belt restrictions. Like maybe for white belt to... lets say blue belt. - You can have a challenge like well lets take your example. But since decapping is hard for beginners, all they have to do is beat a black belt and above maybe? They're prize can be random items from magical sack and or 500TC from the tourney system.

Now going to higher belts, from brownbelt to... lets say 4th dan. You can have a challenge where you have to... Let's say... Winning 5 tourneys in a week. or more. Earning them 5000TC. It may be hard, but it would definelty keep the younger players at this game for more. And they can go share it with their friends (if said person has freinds :C). And toribash can multiplie and take over the interwebs like agar.io. probably not though.

Moving from 5th dan to 10th dan black belt. Decapprize. 10 decaps in 1 month ( preferably the aikido family because this might be farmed like i stated previously.)The prize could be 10-20k.

And so on and so fourth.

If you may have not sensed it while reading this shit.
supported

Yea thats pretty much how it would go and like I said the challenges don't have to be as simple as "Get x amount of decaps" they can includ specifics like certain mods for the challenge to be completed in or a standard dismemberment threshold that must be played in for the challenge to be complete.

The challenges don't have to be just in game either, you can make silly challenges for the marketers as well.

Like I know a lot of people love buying chronos grips. So why not make a random daily challenge for some of the marketers to buy x amount of chronos grips and finish the day with them in their inactive inventory.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
It's a nice idea, but what would it do the TB's economy? Hundreds and hundreds of players are going to get 10k per week easily due to farming and overall skill/luck. That would cause massive inflation since everyone would have the money to pay for the original prices. I'd rather stay with the tourneys than risk destroying TB's already quite fragile economy.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
It's a nice idea, but what would it do the TB's economy? Hundreds and hundreds of players are going to get 10k per week easily due to farming and overall skill/luck. That would cause massive inflation since everyone would have the money to pay for the original prices. I'd rather stay with the tourneys than risk destroying TB's already quite fragile economy.

Not all challenges have to be weekly, thats why I said daily/weekly/monthly. For the bigger pay out challenges you can make them monthly since this system is designed to inspire lower skilled players not already good players.

As me and kohta said, you cant farm, they can Ban people for that if this idea becomes reality
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
You guys just have to stop being negative and realize the facts here. No matter what system you introduce there will always be a way for people to abuse it. The only way around this is to set up good rules around all the loopholes and have a staff of people actively enforcing them.

As for everyone that complains it can be farmed or abused, the same thing can be said of the tournament system. If I want I can get my buddies together and say "Hey lets all camp the Greykido tourney and keep everyone else for winning and just throw matches against eachother, then split the profits after. Okay everyone go get on an alt and lets control the tournament for the lower players."

See tournament system abused just like you're saying my system can be abused. So stop thinking pessimistically about it and just realize that rules and a good staff enforcing those rules will solve the majority of the problems.
But, I'm not talking about farming. The amount of money you get from these challenges have to be so low they're not worth it. Look at it this way.
If somebody plays toribash everyday and completes the daily challenge each day (That, for this case is 100tc) on a month that is 30 days long, then 30x100=3,000. That's without the weekly challenges (which you said would be around 5k). That would be 15k (this is not including the last "week" as it's not 7 days long.)Then, you have another 20k challenge that ,if completed, would net you THIRTY EIGHT K. Now, imagine this person continues to play for the next year. Now, you do 38,000 times 12 to get you 456k. But, he's not the only who's following this pattern of winning and saving the money. At least 100 more people would do this. 456,000 times 100 gives a net worth of all tc lost of 45,600,000. That's not even mentioning the other ways of gaining tc. If you're good enough to get 456k from challenges, then you can do duels and tourneys perfectly fine and even get decapprizes in bets servers. AND THIS PERSON WASN'T FARMING!
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
But, I'm not talking about farming. The amount of money you get from these challenges have to be so low they're not worth it. Look at it this way.
If somebody plays toribash everyday and completes the daily challenge each day (That, for this case is 100tc) on a month that is 30 days long, then 30x100=3,000. That's without the weekly challenges (which you said would be around 5k). That would be 15k (this is not including the last "week" as it's not 7 days long.)Then, you have another 20k challenge that ,if completed, would net you THIRTY EIGHT K. Now, imagine this person continues to play for the next year. Now, you do 38,000 times 12 to get you 456k. But, he's not the only who's following this pattern of winning and saving the money. At least 100 more people would do this. 456,000 times 100 gives a net worth of all tc lost of 45,600,000. That's not even mentioning the other ways of gaining tc. If you're good enough to get 456k from challenges, then you can do duels and tourneys perfectly fine and even get decapprizes in bets servers. AND THIS PERSON WASN'T FARMING!

Maybe give players that complete challenges half the tc they would regularly get in these scenarios and give them 25% of the old tc being made in qi.

Example:

A player would normally make 100 tc a day if they complete the daily challenge. Instead, they would get 50 tc and 25 qi. It'll nerf the crazy profits and help the lower belts get better belts so that the challenge rooms don't eventually get clogged up with players. Low belt players see that it is a tc reward and will latch onto the deal, and higher belt players would not care for such an insignificant amount of tc. Plus if they have challenges for higher belt players the system would be the same, they make half the original tc prize and 25% of the original prize in qi. Qi percentages can be altered if you think people would level up too fast.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus

Why are you guys getting so hung up on TC, TC was only an example reward its not the only thing that can be given out. Like I stated in an earlier post Shiai tokens could also be a possibility and for the challenges that lower skilled players would do you could give out cheap items like Orc, Gaia, Chrono, etc.... Just some forces/relaxes, trails, the essentials to your fresh noob.

Low belt example (White - Brown)

Daily - Challenge: Win 20 matches / Reward: Gaia Force

Weekly - Challenge: Get a win streak of 10 / Reward: Gaia Relax, Toriso, and Blood.

Monthly - Challenge: Win 10 Tournaments / Reward: Gaia Gradients, Ghost, Grip, Gaia Trails, Text, Emote.

High Belt Challenges

Now for this if you don't want higher belts faming for TC you have a few options. Make the rewards lower amounts of TC or introduce special items rewarded though challenges only.

Daily - Challenge: Decap 10 Players / Reward: 2,000TC

Weekly - Challenge: Win 3 GM Tourneys / Reward: 5,000TC

Monthly - Challenge: DM every joint of your opponent's body at least once (individually). / Reward: Challenge Master Arm Band (3D item similar to GM Arm bands or Medic Arm band.)
Last edited by Kohta; Jul 12, 2015 at 09:01 PM.