Toribash
Original Post
Notificating specific Users with "@"
Alot of Forums and Messaging Clients have them, a notificating/bumping feature.

It's a good Feature allowing to tag specific Users, to make sure they read the message without actually beeing subscribed to the thread.

For example writing the Name of a User with a "@" infront of it, makes the Message become a link to his Profile and a message appears in his User Control Panel that he has been "bumped" in this thread :

@ShhhMikes

To make sure this is not abuseable by just entering every User you can find without any reason, a rule that specifys to only use this Feature with a Reason should be introduced.
I'd rather it be a tag that only addresses staff or specific roles, and not make it possible to address every possible person. What times do you really ever need a non-staff member to look at something immediately, anyhow?
I think I might be retired.
Nothing i thought of in particular, would just be nice to have that possibility if you post something that adresses someone specificlly
This is quite cool, but I sense it's only purpose is to shame someone. If you think about it, when would you use it? To get hold of a person right? Well wouldn't it be better to just send a pm?

Sorry mate I think the devs should be working on other stuff right now.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Actually, something like that already existed around 2012 i think, it worked for me then, but i don't know if it still works nowadays.

You just had to link the profile page of a user and they were notified, the referrals sytem (you can check it on a user statistics).

for e.g: Fluxorious bla bla bla
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!