ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Settings mistake
So I went to my settings to change the windowed mode now its no border mode but way too large and it doesn't fit on my screen and I can't go the the settings anymore to change it, can someone please help ?
Lctrl+enter to make it full screen and try to fix it through there?

Or open up the "default" text file I believe and manually edit it there.
Last edited by Lucy; May 2, 2021 at 06:23 PM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by SasoMado View Post
So I went to my settings to change the windowed mode now its no border mode but way too large and it doesn't fit on my screen and I can't go the the settings anymore to change it, can someone please help ?

I had the same problem as you, and i reported it to Sir a few weeks ago, then it resolved itself. Try to activate the old menu (I don't remember the command, look for it or ask someone for help on discord) and try to change the settings from there.
Originally Posted by Odranoel View Post
I had the same problem as you, and i reported it to Sir a few weeks ago, then it resolved itself. Try to activate the old menu (I don't remember the command, look for it or ask someone for help on discord) and try to change the settings from there.

I think the command to the old menu is /opt new_menu 0
any one got an update on this? im getting the the same issue.
the Lctrl+enter isnt really helping on account the settings is on the bottom right and it only shifts my screen between top left and bottom right XD but if anyone has an update, much appreciated
so does the client allow you to actually open the settings and change your resolution just ontop of the window mode check button? you may just have to reinstall the client from the toribash website itself, if it doesnt fix it there it might have something to do with your computers actual resolution outside of the client but I'm going to have a look into it and see if I can sort something out, in the meantime give the reset and reinstall option a try
Last edited by Team; Sep 29, 2021 at 05:00 AM.
Liquor saved my life but it didn't save my wife

oh i was on steam doing this, but i should probably just download it off the site itself, i feel like its a better bypass for the moment, but thank you regardless, Litre!
Originally Posted by Letson97 View Post
oh i was on steam doing this, but i should probably just download it off the site itself, i feel like its a better bypass for the moment, but thank you regardless, Litre!

It might have something to do with the steam app if that's the case but I don't run toribash through steam and instead independently, makes adding scripts and all sorts of things much easier and in general, I hope this fixes your problem feel free to pm me privately if you're having any further troubles, glad to be of some help!

..you may just have to reinstall the client from the toribash website itself, if it doesnt fix it there it might have something to do with your computers actual resolution outside of the client but I'm going to have a look into it and see if I can sort something out, in the meantime give the reset and reinstall option a try

No, reinstalling will not change anything - config file isn't stored in Toribash directory so you'll just end up wasting time. Game build on website is also almost always older than the current version on Steam as it only gets updated once or twice after big releases.

Letson97: is your screen resolution set to a lower value than your monitor supports? This looks to be the only way I can replicate the issue on Steam build here - temporary solution would be to either use /re 1280 720 (or any other desired resolution) command in chat (quit menu, press enter, type command, press enter again) or change your resolution in Windows settings.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
No, reinstalling will not change anything - config file isn't stored in Toribash directory so you'll just end up wasting time. Game build on website is also almost always older than the current version on Steam as it only gets updated once or twice after big releases.

Letson97: is your screen resolution set to a lower value than your monitor supports? This looks to be the only way I can replicate the issue on Steam build here - temporary solution would be to either use /re 1280 720 (or any other desired resolution) command in chat (quit menu, press enter, type command, press enter again) or change your resolution in Windows settings.

my bad, thought that it might have been something to do with a setting he chose and its broken the client itself as well as having the additional resolution problems, you pretty much explained perfectly what I was trying to after that initial reinstall option but couldn't put into a proper sentence, thank you for clarifying and clearing that up, my apologies again.
Last edited by Team; Sep 29, 2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason: grammar