Ranking
Original Post
How to make Toribash edits?
I want to start making Toribash edits but not sure now to get started.
What do I need to get started (software etc.) and I need tips and tricks on how to move the in-game camera easier and some other cool stuff please.
Originally Posted by rez1 View Post
I want to start making Toribash edits but not sure now to get started.
What do I need to get started (software etc.) and I need tips and tricks on how to move the in-game camera easier and some other cool stuff please.

press the number keys to change the camera around. 1-9.

i dont know what each number does camera wise - I just reccomend you play around with it.

Also your best bet is asking replay makers theres a whole thread with active users would be more appropriate to direct your questions to them in this regard -

https://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Last edited by MaryJane; Oct 21, 2021 at 10:26 AM.
MaryJane Good Fuh Yuh Soul, Like Toothpaste Good Fur Yuh Teet

Software:
Pretty much any screen recorder is fine, but for example OBS is free and very good one.

Adobe premiere / Vegas are quite common for lighter editing. They can also be combined with adobe after effects which is often used for hevier editing. Each of these can be used on their own too to make nice edits, all are paid software though.

Twixtor is one plugin for advanced speed control / slow-mos

Magic bullet looks is one plugin for advanced color correction/changes on clip.

There are many ways to achvieve things on editing so propably some freeware can get you quite far too.

Tb tips:
You got commands like
/opt hud 0 to hide text and stuff for recording
/opt blood 0 hides blood if needed
/opt trails 0 (?) Hides trails that can be unwanted
From tools section you can access shaders and atmos change world colorig / lightning on replay

You can set camera movement by setting key frames.
Try for example moving camera around and adding key frame to replay every 100 frames with "k" button.
'shift + k' clears keyframes if you need to reset them

Extra:
you can even utilize 3d software like blender to create some scenario that wouldn't be normally possible like tori shattering class to tiny peaces or adding photo realistic enviroment to replay

Rpl2obj is one tool for getting replay to 3d software for such purposes, there should also be tutorial available of this process.
https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=641278
Last edited by joope1; Oct 21, 2021 at 02:35 PM.