Ranking
Original Post
Joint articulation control
Hello, I think it would be really cool if every joint could be controlled via a keyboard key, pressing it in conjunction with Ctrls, Alt, Maiusc or wathever to select its various status. I think it would make the control of the character easier in the long run.
Is there a reason for whom this simple feature does not exist at the moment?

Thanks!
Hoover over a joint with your mouse and press z for contract/extend and x for hold/relax.
This feature is like as old as the game itself.
Dear karolk666, I cannot understand the relevance of your post to my suggestion. I'm talking about the keyboard and you are talking about the mouse. The fact that something can already be done in a way does not mean that giving the possibility to do it in other ways is useless. Especially when such things require so little coding while having a relevant impact for some people.

Using the keyboard is faster and much less complicated than using the mouse, therefore some players may like to use it. If someone would like to use it, then the function itself has a value. And again, considering the very small coding that such function would require I can't understand why not implement it.
It would be pointless, it doesn't take much to move your hand a bit to click on a joint.

The dev's are working on how to make the game better, not waste there time on people who want to be lazy and not use the mouse.
I can't see how such a feature would improve the gameplay. A Tori has 20 different joints, and each has 4 different states. One can hardly imagine the mess...
“War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.” - Winston Churchill
Originally Posted by bigGrin View Post
I can't see how such a feature would improve the gameplay. A Tori has 20 different joints, and each has 4 different states. One can hardly imagine the mess...

My thoughts exactly the way they have the joints and all set up is fine. I would not like it to be changed, maybe if it was an option to have it put to thate mode, maybe I'd support it, but for it to be all letters or keys, no, too much of a mess.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
Originally Posted by Lunie View Post
It would be pointless, it doesn't take much to move your hand a bit to click on a joint.

The dev's are working on how to make the game better, not waste there time on people who want to be lazy and not use the mouse.

That's absolutely untrue. For a player who knew the key configuration it would take less than 1/10th of the time used with the mouse to set up the joints and press spacebar.
Since this feature is also 1/100th (maybe even less) complicated than any possible feature game related I still can't see "why not". Most of the programming time is spent contemplating and reflecting (or bug fixing) rather than coding. So implementing similar no-brainer functions is really not comparable with standard functionality.

This is not a matter of being lazy, but of adding possibilities.

For all the others: the fact that a function exists does not mean that you have to use it. I'm sorry but I can see no meaning in your posts: it's not like ANY of the current bindings would have to change. It's just something MORE, not even something different. Just a bonus for at most a day of programming (and this is really nothing).

I don't know if any of you is actually a programmer, but I'd like you to reflect on the difference between "event binding" and an actual function implementation. It's like... the comparison doesn't even make any sense time-wise.
Last edited by fujishiro; Nov 30, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
Well, this could be helpful but just as an option..... The idea is good, but why change the whole gameplay? I keep saying on these joint upgrades that if it were to be an option so if you wanted to use it you could... Anything else would just be absolutly dumb in my opinion.
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
Of course, if somebody wants to use it, good for him, otherwise just stick to the old system. In fact probably just a very small minority will start to use keys to fasten joints control and improve his feeling of the whole character, but still for the effort required to implement such function it would be a free win.
Firstly, most players aren't capable to remembering all the keyboard keys, as a result of which, the whole feature would go to waste and only a handful of people would use it. There is no point in implementing a feature that only a minority would make use of.

Secondly, it would occupy a large portion of free keys, making it difficult to assign keys for future to-be implemented features. (Twenty keys, to be more specific)
Last edited by Hero; Nov 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM.