ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by PlataBear View Post
Rank in my opinion doesn't mean shit, orko is rank 20000 something and he is fucking insane

yes, your right rank and belt matters absolutley nothing..
rank is easy to farm and belts can be buyed. so nothing of it has a worth.
if people didnt made one of these 2 things they just spent much time at the game.. and the only thing which they have is game experience but if theyre skilled is still another thing..
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Quitting mid-game counts as a loss afaik.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
I think rank is important. It will show hothe player good or not and maybe we can make sure something from that
doxXxob
Originally Posted by doxXxob View Post
I think rank is important. It will show hothe player good or not and maybe we can make sure something from that

its not important, easy to manipulate it ;) also just a "number"

just take a look at the Global ranking : http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php?modname=
rank 2, 6 and 7... not even black belt? how can they get such a good rank then? impossible.. without "farming" it..

so if u want to be told a as a "skilled" player, dont go for rank.. play on GM tournaments against well known players.. or on Betting servers try to get a decent streak against good players..
then the people will start talking about u etc.
they dont talk about if u got a good rank.. because most of the people say rank doesnt matter..

just play against good players and win to get a good player.. and dont work for a rank..

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
its not important, easy to manipulate it ;) also just a "number"

just take a look at the Global ranking : http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php?modname=
rank 2, 6 and 7... not even black belt? how can they get such a good rank then? impossible.. without "farming" it..

so if u want to be told a as a "skilled" player, dont go for rank.. play on GM tournaments against well known players.. or on Betting servers try to get a decent streak against good players..
then the people will start talking about u etc.
they dont talk about if u got a good rank.. because most of the people say rank doesnt matter..

just play against good players and win to get a good player.. and dont work for a rank..

I see, thats a lot of information for me. thanks blubkill, but how about mod rank? Is it the same with global rank that people cheat with it or what?
doxXxob
Originally Posted by doxXxob View Post
I see, thats a lot of information for me. thanks blubkill, but how about mod rank? Is it the same with global rank that people cheat with it or what?

u reach mod rank over the same way as global rank, there is no direct diffrence.
the only diffrence is that u can get a good global rank when u have a good rank in multiple mods.
a good rank in a mod is mostly by just winning much games... and playing this mod alot..
in unkown mods its pretty easy to get rank 1 because only 10-20 people at all played this mod in multiplayer.
as example : im rank 1 in the mod "inst1nkt joust.tbm"but i only made around 20 matches there, from which i won around 15.. and this way i got rank 1.. because this mod is farly unknown im holding rank 1 since over a year now. without playing it once since it.

so u can reach a good mod rank by winning just much more then loosing.
reaching a good mod rank is harder then reaching a good global rank.
u could just quit everytime youre going to loose, but im not sure if its right what strangelove said, that leav counts as loss. because so far i know its not.