Ranking
Original Post
Illegal moves
I think Lifting should be Illegal, all it does is put you in a position you don't want to be in......
Ah Shit.
Well it seems abit silly to infract someone for using an effective strategy in akido.

Besides how would you enforce this?
|Ellie|Sparchar|Jack.M|Spartacraft (Forever shunned)|RossBarker|@#w#@|
Originally Posted by diegod8787 View Post
I think Lifting should be Illegal, all it does is put you in a position you don't want to be in......

In a position you don't want to be in? Dude, you can't just expect people to let you win/not fight because you can't counter moves.

And you also can't just make moves 'illegal' because you can't counter them.

Toribash is a game about SKILL, not making harder to counter moves illegal to make it easier on those who don't bother to learn anything.
Personally I lift people, because they're doing extend all and I can't pin them down or slam them to ground in any way (assuming they have good double grab on me) so only logical way to win is to lift them thefuck out.

However, when fighting "pro" players even I (sorta good lifter, I'd say) often get wreck'd and got to be very selective while lifting. Because people practice counters vs lifting and can do a lot of nasty stuff on you if you lift them.
Lifting is a way of playing toribash. Very much like camping is a way of playing shooter video games. You may not like it if you get lifted, but at one point in everyones toribash career, you have done it to someone else. So, in my opinion lifting is like camping, we all complain about it, although we all do it!

~not supported
there just simply isnt any way to enforce a rule like this
And what would be the definition of lifting? I mean, if i want to i can just jump, and just have them infracted for that. Its almost impossible to say whats a lift, and whos fault it is
~not supported
Last edited by IceColor; Feb 4, 2014 at 01:04 PM.
Originally Posted by diegod8787 View Post

So banning shoveling is like banning to be able to kill animals. Effective, but looked down upon by some people.
If you can't counter a shovel, them shame on you that you can't. It's an effective strategy. Look, shoveling is looked down upon but if you find a counter, then you can call yourself pro. Anyone who looses to shoveling and complains about it that it is a noob move is because they can't counter one, meaning the one that complains is a noob.
I met many people who counter shovels almost all the time. I think they should be pro.
Just play the game and have fun mate

#not supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
Personally I lift people, because they're doing extend all and I can't pin them down or slam them to ground in any way (assuming they have good double grab on me) so only logical way to win is to lift them thefuck out.

However, when fighting "pro" players even I (sorta good lifter, I'd say) often get wreck'd and got to be very selective while lifting. Because people practice counters vs lifting and can do a lot of nasty stuff on you if you lift them.

Wow you call yourself a "pro" becouse you lift... Congrats,you should be proud.

About lifting yeah,it's unfair but all we do it sometimes,maybe just for mistake. A rule against lifts will limit toribash freedom.

Not supported.
As many have said, lifting is simply a technique. It's like banning people who get a double grab and just headbutt someone. There's a way to counter everything and not a single definitive win strategy.

Originally Posted by Karza View Post
Just look at hampa's signature. End of story

- 110% not supported
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Illegal moves
I think you forgot lifting and throws are part of aikido in real life if I'm not mistaken.

~Not supported