Ranking
there was a shovelor in a game i was playing and he was really pissing everyone off with it so what i did is i shoveled him with an improved version of his move. it worked. i would say only do this as a last resort because then u are shoveling which kinda defeats the purpose
[Pure], wanna join?
i recently discovered a new technique
it starts as any pushkick variant, but in the second step, extend pecs, get shoulders level and contract elbows. this pulls you back towards the shoveler. third step, put one leg in the arena, start bringing the other one down towards it. By this time your opponent should be OFF THE FLOOR. from a crouching position in the corner of the ring, try shoveling him, see how he likes it. xD
1.) Don't let him grab your legs. It's a worst case scenario if he even just one of them.

2.) Fracture one of his arms. You will deprive his ability to use his shoulders if you do so.

3.) Make use of your: Wrists, elbows, chest, arms, hips, and most of all your ankles because extending your ankles is always the easiest way to prevent a shovel; except when you're already in the air.

4.) Refrain from EVER JUMPING. Shovels are at their best when you do so.

5.) Some players who use shovels might just be novices and still don't know much about Toribash. Applying #3 will most likely to prevent a shovel from any novice. Monster shovellers are the smartest shovellers and might even have to make you use all your joints, so be careful about them. Again, apply #3 and do the rest for yourself.

6.) Shovellers just push you into the air and pull you down outside the dojo. It won't really work if you use the last resort: Ankles. Use your hips, knees, and ankles for extending and raise shoulders to revert his momentum and use it as your own and make a comeback.

7.) Grab his legs. Shovels won't work at all when you do so. Even if they do, it'll carry the shoveller itself too.
GMT +8:00
Well i tend to start with both pecs contracted so with right arm i lower the shoulder and contract everything in the arm and with left arm i grab and contract everything without lowering, coupled with skill ;P it works
I R IRONMAN
beat them with shovels
the solution to all lifes problems
but seriously:
i lax all then extend one glute (whichever side u prefer) so u can just trip them over ur extended leg
Frankly, I've never had a problem with shovelers. When they try to grab my legs, I usually grab their shoulders and throw them away after ripping them off or something like that. I honestly don't see how people having alot of trouble with this move.
Grabbing the shoveler's shoulders will either fracture it, which will not let them lift you therefore the shovel is useless, or the grabbing of the shoulder will cause it to be harder to lift and maneuver you to DQ.

Grabbing the shoveler's hip will have nearly the same affect as grabbing the shoulder, it will cause them to be unstable and then they will not be able to lift nor push.

The shovel is very affective in aikido, it is a simple lift and push, lifting is mostly in the shoulder. the pushing mostly in the legs. If you fracture either/or it will be easy to beat.

Staying low: Staying low will also make the shovel easier to beat. It will be harder to lift and grabbing the legs while being low down is that way to go.

~Zinx
Last edited by Zinx; Apr 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
What I do is contract elbow ,wrist, left turning chest and space. ( I do more stuffs but this is only a example ) Then I move to the side by moving my body towards the right and I get next to the opponent. ( The shovler accidentally grabs his hands ( It always happens) ) Then, I grab his left leg and I flip him from the side. Its like a counter, attack strategy. I grab his leg and make it go back and that provoces the opponent to flip 180*. Then he lands from his back or another part. You can choose where you want it to fall.

Cool huh?
Last edited by BioEx; Apr 11, 2010 at 07:33 AM.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020