Ranking
Original Post
Adjusting 'certain' 3D items
Not everyone's Head textures are created with the same eye level and such.

So for example. The 3D glasses don't fit well for everyone.

I think being able to lower or raise the glasses to fit better would be perfect for some. Just making it an option is all. I can't buy glasses for that reason. And don't want to make/buy art to make it look better, and don't want to go default headed.

Thoughts?

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Would the switch be in-game or in the Torishop?

I support this, because whatever was going through Nabi's head when they thought of 3d objects, this should have been going through their head as well!
[SIGPIC]:)[/SIGPIC]
The ability to change it would be an option in the ToriShop. But it would show what you look like now.

I think the way to do it, is that there'd be a small picture of the 3D items available to move in the corner. You click it, and if zooms into that item on your Tori. You use the mouse to adjust it.

Or someone could simply modify there head textures....
Unsupported
I am just an icon livin'
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Or someone could simply modify there head textures....
Unsupported

Yes, because editing a highly detailed head texture is that easy.

Supported, this would be nice.
It is a nice idea, but is simply difficult/almost impossible to implement into the game.
When we make 3D items, we need to scale and position them in the 3D program itself.

If the devs find a way to make it possible to move them in-game, overwrite the existing .obj file in the custom folder in the same time and then upload it to the torishop so everyone can download that .obj while being in-game to see your tori with that edited version of the 3D item...it would have a few problems.

One of them being that the fact that we cannot overwrite the original 3D item itself, there would be way too many "edited versions" that are "created" with each having unique coordinates/rotation values, resulting in WAY too many items in the tori shop.

In a nutshell, the torishop will be FLOODED with copies and copies of hidden .obj files/3D items with different names and IDs, which is not really good.

Until the devs find a way to do this without using the torishop or so, I will have to say that I am not supporting this for now.
Originally Posted by Boxshu View Post
Yes, because editing a highly detailed head texture is that easy.

Supported, this would be nice.

So you are saying that the average player knows more about modifying a 3D item than selecting the eyes and moving them up/down a bit and then coloring in the holes?
I am just an icon livin'
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
So you are saying that the average player knows more about modifying a 3D item than selecting the eyes and moving them up/down a bit and then coloring in the holes?

Okay you obviously don't know anything about art then. And apparently you didn't read the OP.

He didn't say you had to modify the 3D item, just have a button for moving it "up" or "down", etc.

smh.
IDTS,because maybe some trolls will glitch the glasses...
If you use mouse,it doesnt do the move perfectly like the keyboard..

NOT SUPPORTED
Running away...
Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
IDTS,because maybe some trolls will glitch the glasses...
If you use mouse,it doesnt do the move perfectly like the keyboard..

NOT SUPPORTED

Uh... There would be only a certain distance you could do it (a boundary).

And it can only go up and down. It's just so they fit people's head textures better.

Once this becomes available (was already stated by NoKi that it wouldn't in the near future), it could be used for other items too. Hats, mustache, etc.