Prize: 500 TC
Knockout interval: 10 minutes
Tourney7
mod: lenshu3ng.tbm
Tourney8
mod: judo.tbm
Tourney9
mod: boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm

You can have influence on what mods are played by sending me propositions, list of at least three mods you'd like to see on tourneys.

Last edited by Scorpio; Feb 26, 2015 at 11:30 AM.
A hasbeen like the rest
I love this! Makes tournies more realistic. Gaining tc is so much better with this, and actually makes me want to play more.

(im)

This idea was just implemented yesterday. As of now these are the only rooms that we have up, meaning that in the future there could be more tourney servers. The idea is to have players play with people on their skill level, in skilled mods, with a limited amount of tc. If there were 5 of each room, the amount of tc generated in a month could cause a bit of a problem.

Also, people earn tc based on their qi. So, the people who have been playing longer, or more often then others have a chance to earn a little extra tc than people who just started to play the game.

Although this is unintentional, it stops alt accounts from spamming high tc tourneys.

As of now, there are an equal amount of pros and cons, and the only way to fix that problem is for you guys to pitch some suggestion. As of now, I saw the invitational idea and that is about it.

Throw out as many suggestions as possible.
A hasbeen like the rest
hello.

Maybe having more then just an ABD tournament. I enjoyed the other mod tournaments and am sad to see I can only play ABD for tournaments.

Obviously not like 10 more mods, but maybe some of the more popular mods. Such as Aikido and greykido.

I think 1 tournament mod is too little. But the tc prize is great
Yes, this is a great idea.
I do however, have a suggestion. For a few mods, or even for abd, there should be tourneys similar to the old ones, for any belt (QI). If a 10th dan ever wanted to get the money to buy a nudge in a betting server, ect, they would have to wait up to 25 minutes just to play 1 tourney. The two solutions to this are allowing 10th dans to enter some of the lower tier QI tourneys, or making new rooms altogether.
Just my thoughts.
S A D B O Y S
Im sorry, i dont like it.
i don't like how it limits us to only people in are ranking area and to an amount of qi based on are belt. i really dont like how it limits us to only one tourney, i loved the ability to choose which tourney you wanted to play and be able to fight higher or lower ranks, i mean yeah... the lower ranks were making it easy for tc and stuff, but it made it fun for us all, and helped the noobies learn some moves. i do not support this, and if this stay's my troribash days are numbered. ;\ sorry.

Ps. This is not a threat for you to change it back, only a simple comment.
-----
i do not support this, i do not like the idea of only one tourney per Qi radius... i feel that it should at least give you a variaty of different mods and allow you to fight higher ranks at your own risk. if you could... make it so that there is a choice in the matter for lower belts to fight higher, or at least maybe a invite system... it just makes it bad now that were limited to one tourney, that's also going to lead to full tournies and some people are gonna get left out. i do not support the idea so far
Last edited by powop; Oct 22, 2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I find this new system to be very interesting, and it raises a lot of controversial issues. So my opinion is that the old and new system should be mixed. Some of the old tourneys should be kept in place, taking away a few, and add the new qi restricted servers in their place. Having both types of tourneys would satisfy the majority of players, and would allow some mixing and separation of belts.

Chuck Norris is jealous of my mad skills
many of us agree, this is a good change, and a bad change. we like the whole idea of qi = tc amount, but we've noticed that skill level does not relate to belt at all, as we have seen non alt blue belts better than many 3rd dans, 5th dans, etc. and myself and most of my friends that usually played tourneys played for the mod and the excitement of having the challenge of surviving and being the best of the best in that mod, not to be shoveled over and over in abd hoping to win tc. we miss taido, ninjutsu, tpl, just playing the mods we want. this is a game, we play to play the game. if we want to get tc we can. if we really cared so much about the tc, and not about the mod, we wouldn't have people making servers to play the mod they want. back before the change you could have tc and the mod you want, the best of both worlds...
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
The mods will be changing weekly, but for now the lineup is aikidobigdojo from Tuesday - Wednesday, then rk-mma from Wednesday - friday, and lastly boxshu-mushuv3 from Saturday - Sunday.
Starting on Monday, the mods will be changed weekly starting with sambo-off.

The mods will be changing routinely, including Mushu. (Boxshu mushu this weekend)

I too have noticed that there are almost never 5 people in the 12k tourneys, because not enough people have the QI. Something should be done about that.
S A D B O Y S