Toribash
Original Post
Toribash's Population
I remembered back in 2015 or 2016 I think, this game was like very amazingly crowded. I even play this game religiously. So what happened to the game now? Did it die or something?
staff members of every color have been generally unlikeable and rather "slow" for quite some time now (starting around 2016-17 and on)

staff started making blanket rules to avoid having to deal with individual reports and that also made people not want to play the game

seems most people only want to play the game competitively now, but competitive toribash is (most of the time) a coin toss at some point in any match in the "best dueling mods"

"support" for the game meant occasional patches, but most toribash patches are unnoticeable, break a specific function / feature, or add unnecessary steps / changes to existing function/feature that was previously completely fine

play if u want but nobody is playing it anymore for a reason
Originally Posted by Derzai View Post
staff members of every color have been generally unlikeable and rather "slow" for quite some time now (starting around 2016-17 and on)

staff started making blanket rules to avoid having to deal with individual reports and that also made people not want to play the game

seems most people only want to play the game competitively now, but competitive toribash is (most of the time) a coin toss at some point in any match in the "best dueling mods"

"support" for the game meant occasional patches, but most toribash patches are unnoticeable, break a specific function / feature, or add unnecessary steps / changes to existing function/feature that was previously completely fine

play if u want but nobody is playing it anymore for a reason

all of this is 100% correct and is a big reason why i dont play. Lots of unfair treatment, there's been a few occasions where they quite literally created new 'rules' out of thin air just for an excuse to ban me. My favorite instance of staff stupidity is how USD duels randomly stopped being supported one day so if you were to get scammed, they would do nothing. The real kicker is that they cherry picked who they wanted to ban, so some people could go around all day scamming in USD duels and would be fine (Asni is a great example, went around for months scamming everyone he could and not getting banned for it) but if I were to do even 1/4th of what he did it'd be an instant ban and they would make up some bullshit to justify it, and i've also seen others get banned for USD duel scams which are apparently 'not supported' (unless they dislike you then its supported apparently)

theres some cool staff members out there, but for the most part the game is being run by egotistical nerds who clearly don't have a clue what they are doing.
The fact that you people turned this game into a simple way to make money is your own fault. You guys left because your easy money scheme got shut down. The game died not because of staff but because you all turned the game into something that lacked any sort of creativity. When 95 of matches are lift battles or chasing runners because they don't want to lose money there is a problem. Staff just didn't know how to fix what they started. It was greed that ruined the game not staff. You wouldn't be worried about getting banned if your soul goal wasn't just to make as much money as you can in a game like this.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
When 95 of matches are lift battles or chasing runners because they don't want to lose money there is a problem. .

funny you should say that when you're one of those sweats who shovels in 15k duels.
Attached Files
You have to now which is my point.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!
another big factor is the skill ceiling

lots of videos on toribash were being made around that time on youtube.

lots of people came in expecting to do sick swexxelite moves and were daunted by the mechanics and the skill ceiling of the game.

not to mention most of the time spent playing toribash is sitting in queue waiting for your turn to play and it turns into a chat room with something happening in the background.

not that it’s a huge problem but it’s just how toribash is. most people are more attracted to fast paced videogames and toribash just isnt that.

the minority that is attracted to this type of game are still here.

just how it be.
The fact that you people turned this game into a simple way to make money is your own fault. You guys left because your easy money scheme got shut down.

you could count on one hand every dueler who can confidently say they have made any significant money from dueling in tb (significant on the scale of ragdoll turn based fighting game with historically low playerbase)

and of that single digit group of players, all of them spent years playing the shit and getting good at it, that is why they won more than others (large amount of competitive matches won by luck or lucky guess but obviously knowing how certain mechanics function gives u an edge)

The game died not because of staff but because you all turned the game into something that lacked any sort of creativity. When 95 of matches are lift battles or chasing runners because they don't want to lose money there is a problem.

most people never actively dueled so u are attributing the death of the game to a minority of players that only played against each other
also if this is true, why has everyone who doesn't care about tc also stopped playing the game?
it is MARCH and page 2 of the replay, mods, and art boards ALL have threads from last year (3 months ago)
rest of the post is redundant or makes no sense

this game started to die years ago and it dying had nothing to do with people playing online (I THINK I THINK I THINK I THINK), multiplayer has always been tb's weakest point imo (also Hmmm, everyone I have ever known to enjoy the game did something other than duel, and no serious dueler I have ever seen has enjoyed this game)now every retard and his fucking mother are using movememory and trying to make money by dueling AND NOBODY LIKES it

---

Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
My favorite instance of staff stupidity is how USD duels randomly stopped being supported one day so if you were to get scammed, they would do nothing. The real kicker is that they cherry picked who they wanted to ban, so some people could go around all day scamming in USD duels and would be fine (Asni is a great example, went around for months scamming everyone he could and not getting banned for it) but if I were to do even 1/4th of what he did it'd be an instant ban and they would make up some bullshit to justify it, and i've also seen others get banned for USD duel scams which are apparently 'not supported' (unless they dislike you then its supported apparently).

literally this exact instance was mainly what i was referencing when i mentioned blanket rules
Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
and i've also seen others get banned for USD duel scams which are apparently 'not supported' (unless they dislike you then its supported apparently).

and specifically this super hard this is the super big takeaway point

i've been a nuisance but damn they rly quit trying to be fair in dealing with users
Last edited by Derzai; Mar 11, 2021 at 01:31 AM.
It's dueler aspirations. You are right there are not many big ones but everybody wants to make a lot of tc meaning that most games consist of constant lifts and Esport tactics. This game is made for creativity yet to be decent you don't need to do much.
|Obey|
Turning over a new leaf!