Ranking
Original Post
A problem with my new laptop.
So yeah, I'm kinda confused. Toribash is so far the only game I tried with it...However, it lags like hell. It's like 5fps.(It sometimes goes up to 60fps and drops back to 5-10fps.)It usually works normally in singleplayer, goes up to around 40fps, however once I click "multiplayer" it starts to lag as hell.
Yes I've downloaded the drivers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4060821AA0JVqY

Check out what Lucas said...Please, tell me that he's wrong, tell me he's a fanboy of HP or something like that...Please. Or my parents will kill me. Haha.
But it's just weird...What's the point of all the high specs if you can't even run a simple game. :|

Specs:
i5 quad, 8gb dd3, 1gb geforce GT 630M...In other words, more than enough to run toribash.
With specs like that you can actually call it a gaming laptop, can't you?

Edit: Just played Rock of Ages, runs smoothly.(Not the best game to test out new pc, but still.)
Last edited by Kristis133; Jul 24, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Sorry kris. I bought an acer like that and it now acts as an ethernet plug for my Xbox.
Former Toribasher. Never any good though.
Rest in peace Tint.
But it should be still able to run tb without lagging, shouldn't it. :s

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.

kris, What tb version are you using? if you use 4.0, you can see something that says "x number" DL. it usually appears when you are downloading mp content (such as textures while you are playing a multiplayer game). That shows you the Multiplayer content that gets downloaded by your PC.

Now, your pc is brand new, so the client haves to download alot of content from the game server, so I say that this might be causing the lag.

And yeah, I have too agree with Lucas, assus is bad for gaming... and acer even more.
Last edited by darkmax89; Jul 25, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
Some awesome stuff -> click here!!
Frankly, that Lucas guy was too specific with the recommendation in his answer. I didn't mind his opinion that Acer Aspires aren't gaming computers, but I thought his specific recommendation of the HP one was unexplained and made him look like someone who only knows about one gaming computer that works and refuses to believe there are many that work better.

By the way, I don't know if there is one, but I'd search for a way to smooth FPS out if you're getting lag spikes like that (or trust darkmax and wait it out). I've actually had some problems with Toribash that I haven't had with other games. The only differences are the game itself and the multiplayer feature in Toribash. Other than that, I don't know. To be honest, I was hopeful that you would go with my recommendation and get an ASUS instead. Not to say that they're the best/only good gaming laptops, they're just the best ones I know about for the money.
So I went through advanced settings and I was like...

However, I somehow managed to fix the problem. Atleast for now.
Will head to bed now and hopefully, it'll still work tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Try this:

If it didn't work, check for updates for your graphic card using NVIDIA Control Panel which can be found by right clicking on your desktop. Same things happen for my Dell laptop but it gets fixed this way.
:(){ :|: & };:
Well I hope it still works man.

My new pc crashed when I opened the graphics card control panel Lold after like an hour of being posses off.
Slow It Down And Dont Miss A Thing
I'm sorry Kris, but I'm getting an Alienware Aurora.
Former Toribasher. Never any good though.
Rest in peace Tint.