#.........................@....#
#......R.O.G.U.E...............#
#...............L.I.K.E.S......#
#..............................#
###############################
#

So what is a Roguelike?

totally a link----------------------^

The first, most obvious thing about roguelikes to new roguelikers is that the User Interface is usually made up of a map, which is made up of ASCII characters, and some sort of menu. More important is the game itself: elements generally agreed to be essential if a game is to be considered a Roguelike are random generation (of the map and its contents), permadeath (you die, you stay dead)
and being turn-based.

Below is an image of what a Roguelike may look like:

Cataclysm -- Run on Linux via Terminal

Okay neat, so what is a good roguelike to play?

|Cataclysm|

I personally only play this one. Cataclysm is a neat little turn-based Roguelike in which you are put in a world take over by zombies. You have only a few NPC partners to help you, and you must go out in the world and attempt to fight off the zombies with items you have found. It covers everything from encumbrance, to hunger, fatigue, pain, and much more. To give you an idea, imagine you are turned into an "@" and sent out in a text world to fight green Zs and go on quests for different colored @ people. Also if you're too afraid to kill zombies, you can kill squirrels and rabbits and stuff.

|Crash|

Crash is an upcoming game being made by howOriginal (lsl). It will feature @ (you) on a ship full of faggots which crash-lands on an uncharted planet. Things to look out for are new foods, aliens, cool guns, drugs and fighting. The game will be very open-ended; there will be no clear objective and the world will be generated in a manner that will provide plenty for the player to do (and possible objectives will keep popping up as you explore new places).

|Crawl|

Crawl is a Roguelike computer game that began in 1995 as the project of Linley Henzell
. Crawl starts with the player's choice of one of over twenty races: several different types of elves, humans, dwarves, ogres, and other fantasy beings. Racial selection sets base attributes, future skill advancement, and physical characteristics such as movement, resistances, and special abilities. The Crawl skill system covers many abilities, including the ability to move freely in armor or silently, mount effective attacks with different categories of weapons (polearms, long or short blades, maces, axes, and staves), master spells from different magical colleges (the elements, necromancy, conjuration, enchantments, summoning, etc.), utilize magical artifacts, and pray to divinities. Training occurs through repetition of skill-related actions (e.g., hitting a monster with a longsword trains long blades and fighting skills), using experience from a pool refilled as the player defeats monsters.
(will add non-wiki rundown when one of us plays it ourselves)

.................................................. ..................
|Dwarf Fortress|

super amazing amazing super holy fuck i love this game http://www.bay12games.com

[HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN SUPPLY YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE OF COOL ROGUELIKES YOU'VE FOUND]

|MEMBERS|

glOw [leader]
howOriginal (lsl) [leader]
vespesi3n
Tertywerty
RayA75
ShotgunLeg
kumi

Want to apply?
It's simple. All you have to do is tell us a little about you, and your favorite Roguelike (if you have any).

also you have to tell us your cup size, favorite food, if you have any mental disorders, and if you have any TC we could have

Last edited by glOw; Apr 15, 2012 at 02:08 AM.
hi im vasp my favorite rogue like is none of them because i've never played one
my cup size is 36 inches
my favorite food is adderall and i have 0 tc
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
looks interesting, I should give it a try

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by vespesi3n View Post
hi im vasp my favorite rogue like is none of them because i've never played one
my cup size is 36 inches
my favorite food is adderall and i have 0 tc

welcome to [bncy] i mean uh [RL]

Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
looks interesting, I should give it a try

Okay,
tell us your cup size, favorite food, if you have any mental disorders, and if you have any TC we could have
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
hi im ray and i like to type like this so pls dont think im like a little kid
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Originally Posted by RayA75 View Post
hi im ray and i like to type like this so pls dont think im like a little kid

ok so your cup size is probably like C and you have no tc to give us and um ok well i will add you i am not a litl kid eithr pls dont think i am
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
Originally Posted by ShotgunLeg View Post
Hi there I am shotgun the leg, I love rouge like. Add me. Add me. Add mew. Add me. Add me.

ok what's up with you fucks not following the criteria

added. added. added. added. added.
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
I play NetHack a little, but it's hard!

Let me join, also I will help lsl with his rougelike!
Originally Posted by kumi View Post
I play NetHack a little, but it's hard!

Let me join, also I will help lsl with his rougelike!

If you are a true coder, you'd read the whole OP >>>>>(((((((

but since no one is following the fucking rules, I'll put you on.

DFGSDFGSDFGADSGASD.

stupid gorman fagit
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.