Ranking
Original Post
Gaming Labtop
Hey my birthday is coming up soon and I was wondering what would be a good gaming labtop that I can buy. I am having trouble finding one. I am aiming for $1000 or under. So I hope you guys can find some good suggestions for me.
|FAQ|[re]|Programmer|
I'm back :)
acer aspire 7545G is what i have and it is faster than my stationary 3 ghz pc and the processor is only 2.6 in the laptop but runs smoother... The fans are maniacly good...
you might be able to afford an alienware mx11, that's pretty much the only good alienware that exists, it's small and powerful.

(NO I'M NOT AN ALIENWARE FANBOY BUT THE MX11 IS GOOD)
Σ
Tart: I agree it's good, and looks incredible, but for the price of that thing, I could get you twice the power.

I'd suggest Toshiba, or Acer.
I have the Acer Aspire 5741G.
Runs smooth, a lot of bang for the buck.
i5 430m, GeForce GT320, 15.6" Across, 8gb of DDR3, 640Gb HDD, 6 hours of battery power.
For about a thousand dollars.
Do note, there are different 5741G models with different specs, so, yeah.
f=m*a syens
Uh I advise you save that money up to actually get a "gaming laptop" because there a hell lot more than that, and anyway who cares about if its a "gaming" laptop just go get a really really decent one instead, my sis got a nice one ooooooh god hers is faster than mine and I just bought a customized PC so I could pull out shit and upgrade when I feel like it xD

That reminds me... Need to get an upgrade.

But anyway, why a laptop? Get a PC and if you can get a customized one with nice spec's, go get your Call of Duty Black Ops PC game look at reccomended specs then just put a little better than what it says I doubt anything will contend with it ; )
Ok, firstly

> Gaming laptop

Enjoy you're 80% markup.

Remember that in the 15-11" range Apple make quite competitive laptops, with so many games now supporting Mac it is a viable option. You can of course install W7 on the laptop afterwards.

I think an M1#x will be expensive compared to a Mac, but a good choice none the less.

Comparing the $1500 M11x to the $1500 13" Macbook Pro will show you that the Macbook holds its own perfectly well, and infact is superior in some ways.
Originally Posted by Gurman View Post
Ok, firstly

> Gaming laptop

Enjoy you're 80% markup.

Remember that in the 15-11" range Apple make quite competitive laptops, with so many games now supporting Mac it is a viable option. You can of course install W7 on the laptop afterwards.

I think an M1#x will be expensive compared to a Mac, but a good choice none the less.

Comparing the $1500 M11x to the $1500 13" Macbook Pro will show you that the Macbook holds its own perfectly well, and infact is superior in some ways.

That's 2 inches bigger than the M11x, I could very well say to compare the 13" macbook to the M15x now since it's only 2" bigger.

If you guys are going to compare laptops at least find ones the same size you're comparing to.
I TUNNEL SNAKES BECAUSE THEY RULE
Indeed Pyro, but the M15x is way more expensive, well over $2000, which is far out of his price range. The only valid Alienware laptop is the M11x, where as Apple has several laptops in the price range, but I don't think they sell any 11". So you understand that you cannot compare 2 identical sized laptops from Alienware and Apple whilst remaining within his price range (as best as possible).

I consider 11 and 13" to be quite comparable, and both are a lot less draining on the wallet.

A bigger laptop does in some ways imply cheaper prices, but between 11 and 13 the price disparity should be negligible.

Besides that, OP did not specify a size, so both are valid choices.
Originally Posted by Gurman View Post
Indeed Pyro, but the M15x is way more expensive, well over $2000, which is far out of his price range. The only valid Alienware laptop is the M11x, where as Apple has several laptops in the price range, but I don't think they sell any 11". So you understand that you cannot compare 2 identical sized laptops from Alienware and Apple whilst remaining within his price range (as best as possible).

I consider 11 and 13" to be quite comparable, and both are a lot less draining on the wallet.

A bigger laptop does in some ways imply cheaper prices, but between 11 and 13 the price disparity should be negligible.

Besides that, OP did not specify a size, so both are valid choices.

Where the hell are you getting these prices from O.o? An M15X is the same price with same/better hardware. M11X would be cheaper but the cpu is less but the screen is smaller and less room for a better cpu. Also, should really compare this to a macbook air.

Oh yeah, so op, you probably shouldn't buy an alienware or apple. For both you're just paying for the brand.
Last edited by isaac; Feb 13, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop