Ranking
Original Post
[TW]True to Pain Tournament

Tired of losing to defensive players who only block? Sick of landing a beautiful headshot, only to be kicked in the wrist for 20k points? What if a tournament were held that disregarded those silly points? That's the idea behind the True to Pain Tournament. In this tournament, the HUD will be turned off.

That's right. Toribash points mean nothing in this event. What will count you may ask? Hits on the stomach, ribs, clavicle, pecs, back, groin, anus, spine and head. A diagram is below, but the basic idea is this: points will be awarded based on where is hit, if the strike is of a respectable strength. Tiny wuss taps in the right places will not be rewarded, as it's not the spirit of the event. The general purpose is this: to injure your opponent as greatly as possible, and protect yourself in the process.The more pain or damage caused, the better. Areas will be scored accordingly.

-Hits to the neck 7 points (such strikes can cause paralysis or death.)
- Headshots 5 points.
- Solar plexus, groin, anus and spine 3 points.
- Generic rib, stomach, pec, clavicle, and back strikes 2 points.
- Shoulder joint, glutes or hip joint just 1 point.
- Any hit to the limbs themselves, like shins, forearms, thighs, will NOT COUNT AT ALL.
- A DQ will cost the player who does it 5 points.
- 2 DQs will cost you the round. This is to prevent getting a massive lead and DQing on purpose.

Groin hit + DM=6 points!

The mod will be brushu, to ensure that fracs or dms are truly earned. A frac adds 2 points to the base score, but only if it's in a vital area, and a dm adds 3. For example a decap is 10 points if it was caused by a neck strike. If a hit strikes two areas the area with the higher point value will take priority.

After 3 matches are played, replays are to be uploaded for judging. Whoever scored the most points, wins the matchup. I know it sounds complicated, but the complicated part will be the judging. Let's just say I'll be using an older version of toribash and shift+p a LOT.

First place: 70K
Second Place: 30K

Send 2000 TC to TeamWushu
Enter Sign up Format

Nick: 
Tier (If you are a member of TeamWushu state your tier here, if not, leave it blank): 
Time (State when you can likely be on in GMT +0): 
Do you agree to obey Team Wushu Codex during the event?

Example

Priority will be given to TeamWushu members by tier.
24 total spots are available.
Some maybe added if response is strong.

Registration Deadline is OVER

Spots taken 24/24

You have one week to fight 3 matches and upload the replays.

in cooperation with
Last edited by TeamWushu; Mar 19, 2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: First round due 3/27 when I wake up
Team Wushu▻ The one and only toribash organisation dedicated to the most graceful mod toribash has to offer: Wushu.
Reward for "The best idea for an event" goes to...

Someone should stick this, it's been awhile since we had such an original event.

And also, please count me in, I'm on my phone so I can't really send the tc's atm. (Will send in 24h)

Nick:Kristis133
Time: 12-22
Tier:
I agree.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Nick: Deut

Tier: 3

Time: 2100-0100 - Saturday/Sunday, 0700-2200 Weekdays (Mon-Fri)

Do you agree to obey Team Wushu Codex during the event? Yerp

I think the times I have given are 0900-1300 and 1900-0000 (GMT: +12)
Last edited by Deuteria; Feb 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Nick: killer3366
Tier :
Time ; 5pm-10pm [gmt+o]
Do you agree to obey Team Wushu Codex during the event? yes sir
Last edited by killer3366; Feb 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
Nick: SlipAnc ... asdjfbkasdjf why cant you check the post starter? :P
Tier : hall of fame (heh)
Time : 18:00 +
Do you agree to obey Team Wushu Codex during the event? for the sake of the event, yes.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Nick: Swexx
Tier (If you are a member of TeamWushu state your tier here, if not, leave it blank):
Time (State when you can likely be on in GMT +0): 19:00-23:00
Do you agree to obey Team Wushu Codex during the event? Yes
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
Slip: because I know it bugs you...and copy/paste is easier. Also, your HOF status gives you priority over 5th tier and below, and non-members, If you were wondering how I would handle that wrench you threw into my gears. That only applies if there are 2 or 3 too many entries though, and some need to be cut.

p.s. added
I also sent the entry fee, because i just noticed the event had one.
Also, i didnt really get that last part.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!