Ranking
Original Post
Bump Map Not Showing Up
I have 2 questions about bump maps.

1) Sometimes when I try to use the Nvidia filter told to use in the tutorial here:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...66#post1269366
The bump map does not come out right. It's hard to show in pictures, but the whole image is blue, and no depth is shown at all. EDIT: Could this be a problem due to a channel problem?

2) Also, I don't have bump map items BUT I edit them in the "custom" folder to try to preview. Unfortunately, when I save a bump map as a name such as head_bump.tga, I load up the game and there is...well...no bump mapping. I use all of the right settings for the file like 128x128, targa file type, etc. And if you are wondering how I got these bump maps if mine don't work, I found examples on threads that I decided to put to the test.

Side Note:
I have shaders with all items checked.

PLEASE don't post something useless like "o man, idk wut prob iz" or "ask so-and-so, they might help". I really only want HELPFUL replies.
BUTTCHOUDA
Originally Posted by Buttchouda View Post
I have 2 questions about bump maps.

1) Sometimes when I try to use the Nvidia filter told to use in the tutorial here:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...66#post1269366
The bump map does not come out right. It's hard to show in pictures, but the whole image is blue, and no depth is shown at all. EDIT: Could this be a problem due to a channel problem?

2) Also, I don't have bump map items BUT I edit them in the "custom" folder to try to preview. Unfortunately, when I save a bump map as a name such as head_bump.tga, I load up the game and there is...well...no bump mapping. I use all of the right settings for the file like 128x128, targa file type, etc. And if you are wondering how I got these bump maps if mine don't work, I found examples on threads that I decided to put to the test.

Side Note:
I have shaders with all items checked.

PLEASE don't post something useless like "o man, idk wut prob iz" or "ask so-and-so, they might help". I really only want HELPFUL replies.

i think bumpmaps are 256*256
poo
Nope, I know somebody with full bump maps and the files in their "custom" folder is 128x128. ALL texture/bump maps are 128x128.
BUTTCHOUDA
when you move said textures to YOUR custom folder do you see them? if so look at the name, you might have got it wrong.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Nah, they're moved to a folder named "Test" inside the "custom" folder and then I /lp 0 Test.

(Yes, I tried them in my folder too.)
BUTTCHOUDA
Bump maps don't show up if its a test folder thats not a real player
Master Space Dragon of Element

Some textures my result in a loss of quality when resized(if they do i will put APPLY in the post with the texture)

Check my Texture shop

Like my Avatar? you can request avatars like that from my shop!
make sure you are using the right file name and check bumpmaps are enabled. The filter must be set to RGB average. If after all that, there are still no bumpmaps, post a picture of the greyscale heightmap texture and the normal map it made.