Toribash
Original Post
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 G0
Does anyone(on toribash) have that processor? Or maybey know someone who has it. How does it perform on toribash? Expecting a constant 60 fps answer.
For me, Taek is about landing yourself in a mess then seeing if you have the skills to get yourself out.
its a processor. processors dont control ur fps, thats ur graphic card, u can have the q6666666666666666666666666666666600000000000000000 0 and still get the same fps if u dont have a decent gfx card....
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Oh yes, the graphics card also controls collision detection and the "advanced" physics system implemented by toribash to control how your body responds to external forces such as when i hit you in the face for speaking of things you do not amply comprehend!

Sorry, you fully deserve what i said to you... actually you deserve a little more.
Last edited by Smiley; Dec 3, 2007 at 08:14 PM.
For me, Taek is about landing yourself in a mess then seeing if you have the skills to get yourself out.
Smiley - Why make this when you presumably HAVE a version of Toribash on which you can test it yourself?
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Qegola: i think he is looking for reviews or something before he buys it, if that is the case, go and find it on a tech site, (like www.newegg.com) they usually have reviews about preformance and such.

[T]
#hi

sorry...
Ok, i feel bad now, i reacted childishly. Let me explain to you in loose detail how it all works. Graphics cards just show you stuff. They render your graphics as far as i am concerned (heard of some graphics cards that also dabble with physics(Collision detection and some other things)) but i think they where abandoned by ATI/NVidia. The processor on the other hand handles the physics system in Toribash and many other things in fact. For example. Do you notice how when you start toribash and your players are not in contact with one another the FPS is higher? And when they start moving and colliding and grappling with one another the FPS get lower? Thats because the processor have more conditions to look at to determine the resultant position of all the affected limbs and all that. It gets messy, fast. Oh and did you know without a graphics card your processor will do all the work of the graphics card? I bet you did not.

Sorry i scolded you, had your views when i was 10 or something. Thats how old i guess you are.
Last edited by Smiley; Dec 3, 2007 at 09:51 PM.
I just need to know how it performs on toribash because i have reason to believe that toribash wastes a lot of CPU cycles(dunno if i should say it like that) at some moments causing severe dips in performance/FPS! If i get a guarantee from an owner of the processor that it runs smoothly i will be the final nail in my plan to buy the processor.
There.
You went about this very childisly in lashing out at those who didn't understand your question by talking down to them.

I think the majority of users here know what the difference between a cpu and gpu is.

As for your question, I have a Q6600 at 3.0 gHz and it runs toribash smooth as butter.
Creator of Aikido and Wushu
Most likely candidate to rediscover Toribash every 3 years.
alright
with my old mobo, the newest and best cpu i could have is the x2 4200+
and that is what i have
the two cores both run at 2.2 ghz and i have it overclocked to 2.4 ghz.
when i had a 7900 gs xxx my rig ran toribash at 60 fps and never dipped even in environment mods. without my graphics card, the onboard radeon graphics card coupled with the 4200+ churned out 30-40fps. if you have a decent graphics card, 6600 gt and above, youre frames with your q6600 will never dip. I hear of people stably running the q6600 go at 3.4 ghz although i dont recommend oc'ing. so you should be fine, better than fine with that cpu.
\o/ _\*TORIGOD*/_\o/
狼座
sho smiley, childish indeed... and i am not 10... 18 in 20 days... sorry, i dont study geekology so i dont know wtf ur on about when u say all that shit (k well thats a lie, i do, but thats not the point) in principle, graphics card makes more of the difference in fps, processors help, but u get the idea...
Q6600 is quadcore, genereally theyl handle toribash like ur playing soldat...
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-