Toribash
Original Post
iPod Touch help!
Ok so i've had my itouch for 7 months now and from day 1 i couldn't sync it to my computer, ive already tried uninstalling my mcafee and reinstalling it, i tried starting the apple mobile device, and i tried uninstalling itunes, bonjour, quicktime, the whole package twice and still no dice, anyone have any suggestions?
CRASH3R - Perfectly imperfect. [UFC] It's a long road to glory.
umm is itunes even compatible with ur computer if so then what does it say when you try to sinc it :S
#1 Student in the School of Orkology
Orko|Rob9722|Festus|MRootz|UNDEAD21|Deadlybash|Kun amikaii|
You've had it for 7 months and It's not working to this day? You should contact Apple. They will fix it, or either go to BestBuy and contact the Geek Squad.
Originally Posted by greatkali View Post
umm is itunes even compatible with ur computer if so then what does it say when you try to sinc it :S

it says,"this iPod cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device Service is not started"
since the ipod couldnt connect to my computer i had it activated on another computer ^
Lego; you have no idea what you're talking about.

Apple Mobile Device Service is a protocol Apple engineered to allow iTouch/iPhone communication with PCs and Macs.
An iTouch will just barely connect, and do little more than charge without it.
Are you sure that you have AMDS running, and that you're running the correct iTunes for your operating system?
If so, you probably have an error with your USB drivers or chipset.
Talk to Apple and your computer manufacturer.
Alternatively, have you jailbroken it?
If not, I'd highly recommend it.
After that, you can avoid iTunes entirely.
I use dTunes on my ipod to play mp3s that i've downloaded from the device itself.
Go to wikipedia and search jailbreak.
<DjPz> I don't expect to have sex with the dolphins every time I visit them
ive tried everything in the books, im down to nothing and dont know what to do, my AMDS starts then stops, and i jailbroken it but thats why i want to restore it, and i cant restore with out AMDS :<
have you tried restoring is using the blackrain program? whenever my ipod is frozen i plug it into my computer and restart using blackrain, the jailbreak program.