Ranking
1. Do you focus on textures, art or both (which field of art)

I don't really focus on any specific area. On forums I do mainly textures but I do other art not pertaining to Toribash. Off forum I do some photo editing and sometimes make some comics. Doing comics is probably what inspired me to try GIMP in the first place because I doodle comics all the time and was thinking about scanning them and doing some coloring on GIMP.

2. How long have you been creating textures/art?

I first used GIMP almost 3 months ago. Then I didn't touch it too much until about a month ago and I've gotten pretty into the whole graphics art thing.

3. Why do you want to join us?

I've looked around your forum and I'm pretty impressed at what you all can do. You guys help each other out with some good feedback and C&C and it seems like I could increase my rate of improvement if I were a part of GATA.

4. Write a couple of sentences on what inspired you to do what you do in the Toribash community.

Well at first I was inspired by some of the awesome sets I saw. One day one of my friends convinced me to make him a set. Then other people wanted some similar sets and then I was mainly in it for the TC. After I started getting better I appreciated the whole artistic aspect behind making a great set and decided to get better and expand my knowledge of what GIMP had to offer.

5. Do you have an textures/art shop in Toribash?

I'm in the planning process of making one. So no, not currently. I do have a thread where I'm giving some old heads and stuff that I'm finding for free.

6. Post at least three examples of your textures/art.

You guys seem to like to view progress as I see so I'll post chronologically.

Made on 5/7/2010

Made on 5/9/2010

Made on 5/12/2010

(This is about where I started trying to get better.)

Made 5/17/2010

Made on 5/20/2010 (part of set)

Made for myself as part of a set on 5/30/2010

Half a set I made for a request that I couldn't finish due to medical problems =\ (I didn't make the head). Made on 6/9/2010.

Made for another request I couldn't finish. 6/10/2010.

Something I made quick for a profile pic on Facebook =]. 6/16/2010.

Made 6/23/2010. First completely mouse drawn no C/P, no pen tool head by the way.

Best toribash art I've made to date can be located in my current WIP thread.

7. Post a link to a shop/portfolio/gallery of works that you have.

Making a portfolio is part of my plan for my shop.

Thank you for your time. I'll post up some of my cartoon sketches if I find some if you think they would help any.
Bio: welcome =)

hhu80: some of your examples are shocking, but others show promise, at this stage we're turning down your application, but once youve got some new and better stuff to show us, really, feel free to re-apply. we love seeing artists grow

LWafflez: youre being discussed
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
ty and would i be able to post wip still? The new set of legs may become a set.
I was about to change my "no" to Bio to a "yes" after seeing his newest WIP, glad to have you on the team.

Gonna say no to LWafflez though, nothing stands out from the hundreds of other new texturers who produce really basic and uninspired stuff. Shading is minimal and most of the strokes are really rough.

EDIT: just saw the WIP thread, the head is really nice but it's the only good thing he's produced so far. I'm going with apathy on this one.
Last edited by oyster; Jun 26, 2010 at 02:59 AM.
back from the dead
hhu80, save your posts for when you re-apply, we can comment in the art board if we need to
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Uh,okay,I'd like to join GATA since I'm nice with this...i think.
1. Do you focus on textures, art or both (which field of art)
Both,I'm mostly trying to make simplistic and unique sets
2. How long have you been creating textures/art?
about 2 years already
3. Why do you want to join us?
Cause i'd like to get better with texturing
4. Write a couple of sentences on what inspired you to do what you do in the Toribash community.
Toribash is a game for me,just fun. I like making textures,but when I wasn't here,i hadn't seen anything unique,but only mrama and fawflaws sets.
I don't do art for tc,art is like a hobby to me.
5. Do you have an textures/art shop in Toribash?
No,but a lot of people PM'd me about it.
6. Post at least three examples of your textures/art.
Here are my best works:

7. Post a link to a shop/portfolio/gallery of works that you have.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=193734
8. Who invited you to GATA? Ignore this point if no-one invited you.
---
Last edited by Lexx; Jun 26, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
"Philosophy of mankind are pink dreams of a blue planet" ~Lexx
• มวยไทย •
Sorry for that,edited.
• มวยไทย •
Lexx i think you'r an ass when it comes about criticising other ppl's work.
But other than that you behaved allright as far as i saw.
Well considering your cartoony style is something unique in its way and you are creative you have my yes.
You should consider posting some of you'r old work as well they looked really nice too.
Thanks,Ghiita.
Yeah,I know,I'm a critic.
But usually i PM a person to help him with the art he made.
Uh,anyways,I'm trying to comment more easy to the sets.
• มวยไทย •