Toribash
Original Post
TC Sponsoring
Being an investor I really like the TC economy. What I would really like to do is be able to sponsor players in tournaments. Like I pay them 100 tc to play in a tournament, and if they win I get the prize money. The problem is there is no way to enforce payment, they could take my tc and run. So I really want some kind of tc contract system so you can pledge tc to each other. Plus you could even sponser smaller games, Like you give someone 50 tc to play 10 games, and you get all the tc they earn during those 10 games. It would add something fun for people who have a lot of tc, and give players fun new ways to play.

Oh and I also have some ideas for clan tc but i'll see how this thread goes first.

Edit----
I want to sponsor players in duels, its more practical. However, tournaments can still be sponsored
Last edited by Continua; Mar 2, 2015 at 11:41 PM.
This doesn't seem very practical if you ask me. You do not need funding to participate in most tournaments. So why have some guy pay you and then steal your prize money?
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Since you don't always win, even if you lost you would keep the 100 tc, and If you aren't good enough to win by yourself this could be a great way, plus it would be cool to be able to make a name for yourself and get lots of sponsors
I agree this would be a very good idea and a great boost to the economy of toribash and also would make for interesting partner ships.
(:_:)
I make Avatars PM me
Originally Posted by Continua View Post
Since you don't always win, even if you lost you would keep the 100 tc, and If you aren't good enough to win by yourself this could be a great way, plus it would be cool to be able to make a name for yourself and get lots of sponsors

I don't think that's how sponsoring works.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Why can't you do this already? Pay me TC to play a tournament and if I win I will give you a percent of the winnings. If the person scams then just report it?
yeah its pretty much just betting on a person to win a tourney, and if you are paying someone to get a part of the winnings someone is getting ripped off, either you pay more then the amount of tc you get so you lose tc, or you pay less then the amount that they give you and they will be losing tc.
Last edited by Flames; Mar 2, 2015 at 03:41 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
I dont think you guys are getting the point. You pay a player 100tc to enter a tournament, they keep that tc no matter what, if they win the tournament you get the winnings. The point is to provide a way for the player to make tc even if they lose the tournament, but the sponsor would want to make sure they chose a good player.
-----
And the idea to sponsor players for normal games is also a big part, think about if you could sponsor like 20 people to play 50 games, if you chose good people you could make tons of tc while they are assured a payment.
Last edited by Continua; Mar 2, 2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
If they won the tournament, and you get the winnings, does that mean they get nothing else if they win? It's like if you pay 5k for somebody to enter a tournament, ultimately, their payout would be 5k, regardless if they win or lose. If I knew my payout was a fixed number, I probably wouldn't try my absolute hardest to win the tournament. Maybe adding an additional few extra K's if they win the tournament would be better. (And I'm talking about like a bigger tournament than the 500 TC ones, etc. Obviously the principle would still be the same.)
Last edited by WTFlow; Mar 2, 2015 at 04:50 PM.