people playing: 275, servers online: 87, games played: 135,955,623 Top Player: Shmevin

Toribash Community » Toribash » Art
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Lost

7th Dan Black Belt

Lost Virtual Artbook

This is going to be where I post all of my art.
I do many types such as pixel and logo design.
My Art To Begin This Thread With 

Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
WeooWeoo
Family Dog Beater

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Catalyst

*cough* ...your title picture is spelled wrongpphphph

I'm going to be blunt. Not much was put into those avatars - the Tree and Doom pictures. Very simple and lacking much artistic value. Not trying to shit on you or anything, but...

As for your Confused mood. I actually like that. It's very neat. I look forward to see more moods. As for the Avatars, i dont know really.. nowhere for it to go in detail or whatnot.

Give your art some life.
"Let me keep you here for an hour, okay pick a number" - Pouffy
"Weoo is correct unfortunately." -Icky
WeooWeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Lost

7th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
*cough* ...your title picture is spelled wrongpphphph

I'm going to be blunt. Not much was put into those avatars - the Tree and Doom pictures. Very simple and lacking much artistic value. Not trying to shit on you or anything, but...

As for your Confused mood. I actually like that. It's very neat. I look forward to see more moods. As for the Avatars, i dont know really.. nowhere for it to go in detail or whatnot.

Give your art some life.

Thanks for the CnC I have been trying to make my art less spacious and lackluster.
Do you have tips on how to fill your canvas better? I need to learn to make more complex pieces.
But every time I try I end up using very little amounts of space. Then it looks too simple.
I would love to get some more tips from you <3
Also, I will fix that pic "vitual" lol
Also, if you wanna see more updates on the moods Click Here
I post all of my recent workings on the moods there. I give sneak peeks on the newest moods and ask for help to further the quality of them.
You can also get info there on how the moods will be implemented into the forums soon.

Last edited by Lost; 1 Week Ago at 07:32 AM..
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
WeooWeoo
Family Dog Beater

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Catalyst

A simple art piece is never bad. But there's a difference between "non busy" pieces and empty pieces. I recommend cleaning up a bit with the tree. The shading shows a stairway of pixels going down. Now, as for making it better in general. Adding some other things to the picture is great. It's a tree, so possibly add a landscape or maybe a mountain in the background. The background doesn't have to be detailed either. Just something to make it a logo rather than a tree. The Doom one. Well, I see horns for a demon, but that's all.

Over all, try to add a bit more rather than just a simple item. It's best to have something pleasing to the eye.
"Let me keep you here for an hour, okay pick a number" - Pouffy
"Weoo is correct unfortunately." -Icky

Last edited by WeooWeoo; 1 Week Ago at 08:19 AM..
WeooWeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Yuma

Black Belt
Clan: Volt

So I see you are going for the simple, clean, professional look with your designs.

Now there is certainly a lot that goes into making seemingly simple designs, and proper use of space, font, and direction can be as complex as any detailed portrait.

This is what can separate crap from very slick work. Hince why there are graphic designers who's profession is just that.

Do yourself a favor and farmiliar yourself with modern designing, the art of text, word placement, and all that jazz.

Do research on logos, their creations, and perhaps architecture.

Even after you get good at this, ignorant folks will no doubt call your work shit. Just keep at it and improve. Who knows, maybe some multibillion dollar top 100 company will hire you.
#realmoves

Last edited by Yuma; 1 Week Ago at 05:23 AM..
Yuma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Shook
Event Fartist

Blue Belt
Clan: [T]

As Weoo mentioned, it's a tight balance between empty and minimalistic; alas, yours are on the empty side. There's too much space around the things, which is a bit wasteful when there's literally nothing else going on in that space. You don't need to trim all of it away, of course, since the right amount of space helps frame the subject of the drawing.

One thing you could do is to have two shades of the background colour, and have them form something relevant to the central thing, i.e. a landscape for the tree as Weoo also mentioned, or a vague head-and-shoulders for the horns. I'm not a professional nor am i an educated designer, but if you don't mind, here's a quick and dirty edit showing how the tree could look:

still Lost's art 
Obviously this might not be how you'd go about it, but it's at least one possibility. Experimenting is key!

As for the mood, it looks pretty good, but minor detail: It looks more exhasperated than confused, probably because the mouth is too broad and frowning. Confusion is a really tricky expression though, because it varies between individuals, more so than most other expressions i can currently think of. Some have a blank stare, some squint one side of their face, some lift an eyebrow and tilt their head... Basically picture someone thinking intensely, which people rarely do with their lips curled down.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
deviantart page | also patreon if you feel rich
Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #7
Lost

7th Dan Black Belt

This is my ashamed mood. I am going to lower the eyes and eyebrows to really
create that looking down effect.

This is going to be my new usertitle.
I was bored and decided why the hell not.
It isn't very impressive but it is the usertitle I want.

These are just some smaller artworks just to keep you guys gravitated.
Bigger things coming in the future <3
Old 5 Hours Ago   #8
Lost

7th Dan Black Belt

Bump I would really love some cnc on my newer atrt stuff
k thanxz
Old 46 Minutes Ago   #9
DesiTwist

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evolution
Server: void

I love pixel art and this is cool <3
Got art or replays you want to showcare? join our discord!
The Void
DesiTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 44 Minutes Ago   #10
Surge
im a ninja but dont leak

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure
Server: adventure

Originally Posted by Lost View Post

This is my ashamed mood. I am going to lower the eyes and eyebrows to really
create that looking down effect.

This is going to be my new usertitle.
I was bored and decided why the hell not.
It isn't very impressive but it is the usertitle I want.

These are just some smaller artworks just to keep you guys gravitated.
Bigger things coming in the future <3

Get rid of that white stuff in the corner.
Surge is online now   Reply With Quote