Ranking
I would have been fine with them removing the alien completely. Having it just be the Doctor showing Amy someone famous in history as a consolation for losing Rory would have been fine.
Last edited by phail; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
infamous
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Using a machine to solve everything was annoying to me. It would have been better if they used paint - and would have served as a much much better metaphor for van goghs state of mind.

Maybe, though it was Van Gogh's mind that led to the final conclusion. Yea the machine didn't seem to fit, but I guess they wanted a way to actually show and identify the creature; showing if Van Gogh was the only one that could see it wouldn't really work in my opinion.
Last edited by phail; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
Welcome to an Infernity of pain
Proud VorteXian
Seriously guys, use white text for things that have happened between two episodes back. Australia and US get the episodes late. :I
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
oh god... when will they end this
also grew up watching the first doctor who the classic one:3
Yeah we (Australia) just saw the Hungry Earth, I dunno what you guys are talking about so I am afraid of highlighting the text or looking at this page at all.
I saw an episode today, about 40mins of it, i like it!
Jesus Did It For The Chicks
Originally Posted by phail View Post
New episode was really good. It wasn't very doctor who-ish (a lot more drama in it than sci-fi) and it was definately the best out of the 'let's go visit a famous artist from history' episodes. It is on my top five for the best episodes I've seen ever.

PS: The actor for Van Gogh was absolutely great.

^^ Same here.

Van Gough was done really well. I like him more than the doctor.
I think I've figured it out. Tennant was on for so long because he was the only doctor that they could trust to speak extremely quickly so no one had to hear Russel T Davies' bullshit explanations of things (see: the end of time diamond thing and the 'tandoka trail' in The Stolen Earth)

But seriously, I hate RTD's writing sometimes. One of his major plotpoints for The End of Time (which is supposed to be a really epic pecial) was a bad pun.

>>> THE MASTER RACE <<<
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
22 hours worth of Doctor Who on television for me to watch over the long weekend. Fuck yeah.

Oh and I decided that Matt Smith is okay and it's just the writing that sucks in the new season.
Holy crap, is Rory actually dead? I just watched the Hungry Earth part 2 and he got sucked up by that crack. This is depressing.