Ranking
You Aussie Lempika? Yeah I guess he did. The end of that episode was fucking annoying. The amount of melodrama was ridiculous.
I really liked this episode (The Lodger), it was a nice change from the usual format and is probably definately the funniest deliberately comedic episode yet (Dream Lord wittiness not counting) Matt Smith has secured his position of best doctor comedy-wise at the very least.

Below:

Man the part with the 'we're gonna annihilate them' made me laugh so hard. Doctor paraphrasing himself ftw.

Also, I am totally betting that the Pandorica is a regenerated TARDIS designed to hold the Valeyard (wiki him if you don't know) and he is either escaping willingly and the cracks are a side effect or all the enemies shown in the trailer are trying to free him unwillingly.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Just watched The Lodger, it was definitely a great episode, although I did not like it as much as the last one, it was still a fun episode to watch. I have to say Matt Smith is probably my favorite Doctor, at this point.
Last edited by VIDEOGAMES; Jun 16, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
oh yeah
Last episode was pretty cool, but amy is too independent so having her stuck in the tardis didn't really work. But it was nice to have an episode where they get separated.
Well, it's better than her being stuck in the TARDIS and panicking like a bitch the whole time.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Just watched the first part of the finale. Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

So many theories buzzing around my head aaaa. Anyway, what Moffat did to Rory was horrible, I felt so sorry for him although it was really nice to see him again in all his supreme Rory-ness. They pretty much had me at the intro, I really liked that sequence, the 'hello sweetie' was absolutely awesome. Speaking of which, River was cool than usual in this episode and played a pretty major part in it. (Dat big reveal(never saw it coming))

The Doctor's big speech was pretty damn good and so was the concept of from everyone else's perspective, the Doctor is the villain and they are doing the right thing. Amy totally isn't gonna stay dead though and they won't kill off River (vortex manipulator up in this bitch)

Overall, it was totally win. I'm really pumped for the proper finale. (Also, my money's on that voice being the Doctor after he comes out of the Pandorica. (The brakes being left on when the tardis is being hijacked seems to point towards it for me))
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
In this weeks episode: Plot holes.

Unfortunately, this week Moffat came across as somewhat of a one trick pony. He tied in RTD-esque "hollywood", glorified the doctor as a god among men (fuck off) and continued with the removed from a timeline vibe (wibbly wobbly) he's used in the past.

Also "someone else is flying the tardis". Either that infers another timelord (possibly a second doctor created from Amys memory) using a time funnel - which would mean that the doctor is responsible for the explosion or someone else is at work (lolmasterplan).

Some of the plot devices used in the episode were kind of boring. It really annoyed me how all of the species decidedly broke character like in a B grade sci-fi
Last edited by m0o; Jun 20, 2010 at 05:01 AM.
The Idea of The Doctor being the bad guy BLEW MY MIND. I mean, I've grown up with the Doctor always being the guy that does the right thing. Not sure I'm very happy with this new Alliance. T_T
I'm Ferd
This season has become so bad I now look forward to re-watching the old episodes of Doctor Who more than the episodes from the new season. No reason to stop watching them though.
The Van Gough episode was decent apart from the oh-my-god-blind-invisible-space-dinosaur bit.