Toribash
Originally Posted by iCo0n View Post
The twenty two users banned for having the same password can have their accounts unbanned?

Not before they actually confirm that they understand how stupid they were.
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
Not before they actually confirm that they understand how stupid they were.

It's seriously baffling to try and comprehend what went through their heads.

"My account got banned because the password got publicly leaked. Therefore, the best course of action to protect the account must be to continue using the same password!"

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Concerning suspicious links is there anyway that we can check the link before we click it? I'm not talking about somebody ingame shouting "CLCK THSI LINK 4 FREE TC!!" I'm talking a random stranger who sounds legit and posts a link, whether ingame or in forum, saying "check this out guys" but your still weary of the link. Is there a not so overly complicated way to check it first or should we just not click it altogether?
<Swyne> <3 Fleip
<3 SWYIE
Originally Posted by floop78 View Post
Concerning suspicious links is there anyway that we can check the link before we click it? I'm not talking about somebody ingame shouting "CLCK THSI LINK 4 FREE TC!!" I'm talking a random stranger who sounds legit and posts a link, whether ingame or in forum, saying "check this out guys" but your still weary of the link. Is there a not so overly complicated way to check it first or should we just not click it altogether?

While far from 100% success, google will reveal you some link scanners:
http://onlinelinkscan.com/

But all in all, looking at the link and what file type it links to should in itself be an indication. .jpg and the like being obviously safe links. Other than the occational goatse.
Have you ever considered implementing some sort of new system, to make dictionary attacks/whatever they use nowadays ineffective/inefficient? Such as a pin/key word when a user logs on from a different IP address, which will not let the hacker access the user's items(The system makes that ip the home address if the pin/key word is answered correctly)?
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Have you ever considered implementing some sort of new system, to make dictionary attacks/whatever they use nowadays ineffective/inefficient? Such as a pin/key word when a user logs on from a different IP address, which will not let the hacker access the user's items(The system makes that ip the home address if the pin/key word is answered correctly)?

Considered and dismissed. It'd be too tedious for those of us who log in from many places. The 5 login attemts should be sufficient with most dictionary/brute force attacks anyway. Also, some of the users have very dynamic IP ranges ( /12 DHCP pool ) and such a system would have to be very generalized to avoid just being cumbersome for these people.
ive run into links that crash my internet alot if ur boxgoes red it shows somethings lurking
It's unbelievable how so many people can be brainless when it comes to security. Thanks for the thread Jarmund. Hopefully people will take this into concideration and not click random links from random people.
Another little thing:

If you accidentially/unthoughtly clicked a link and/or have the slightest suspicion that your account may be compromised you can contact a smod or admin and tell em whats happened. They now how to react and what to do.

Beside that: A VIRUSSCANNER SHOULD BE EXPLICIT DUTY!
Trojans, keylogger, worms, viruses, malware...things that can harm your computer (and also your account) on heavy ways.

There are several good and free virusscanners around the net. Just look for them.

If you see links spammed around do it like me Trust no one, not even yourself
Last edited by ViperTech; Oct 16, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Check my Soundcloud ;)
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: If you do share it with your great grandpa, and you're using the same machine, then it's hard/impossible to detect, so you can probably do so without any harm. Keep in mind though that if found out, it will be dealt with. Especially if your great grandpa is a douche who can't behave ingame this presents a problem for you, as you are responsible for being the only person who uses it.

Aw man, I gotta tell my grandpa
Hey but thx for telling me. I'll be sure to not share my account
:) "We are happy that Vox is gone = Corrupt and Abusive. He Deserves it." -Toribash Community