Ranking
You don't *actually* have to recite the pledge every day, it's completely optional.

Also, care to back up why the U.S. is exactly the same as Europe, Squiziph?
back from the dead
But we have to stand up for no reason at all while the other people recite it. Else the teacher will be mad and punish us. I usually say it anyways just out of habit? lol
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
Europe and the U.S. are totally completely the same, barring political views, resources, the fact that our states are governed by federal as well as state law, that we consider ourselves a conglomerate rather than a continent of individual countries, and that our political system applies to the whole country, rather than 50 countries with their own method of selecting a potentate.

you've jsut pointed out all of america's faults in one paragraph and with such eloquence i can only envy.
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Ya that pledge of allegiance is dumb, I dont get why I'm saying that every morning, theres no point. No one ever thinks much of it though since we do it every day. I'm sure a foreign kid from some other country would be like lowtf this?

You guys actually really do this?! Wow, I thought that was just some stupid myth started by tv as a kind of propaganda for how awesome you guys think America is. You can call it patriotism if you want, I see it as brainwashing. Kinda reminds me of a watered-down china.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
You guys actually really do this?! Wow, I thought that was just some stupid myth started by tv as a kind of propaganda for how awesome you guys think America is. You can call it patriotism if you want, I see it as brainwashing. Kinda reminds me of a watered-down china.

Americans have no clue how brainwashed they are, and are very comfortable believing they have any chances at all at being free, sovereign, or in control of their own lives.

They are VERY comfortable with their current ways of life, due to not having a single clue as to how it works, just faithful that it is correct.

Faithful to the point of hysteria.

I am living in america, born in america, have american papers, but do not consider myself an american or align myself with any nationality.

I am a Human Being, a dying breed.
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post

Ya lols it is hyptnotizing cus now I just do it without question for no reason at all. I'm gonna stop saying it now so I'm not brain washed any more. Also I thought every country did it, like for their own, or something like it. I guess not...

I wanna see what other countries are like...
Last edited by isaac; May 28, 2010 at 04:01 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Christ, I see why other countries think we're so idiotic now.

Isaac: you can't be punished for not partaking in the Pledge of Allegiance. America brainwashes with LIBERTY.

Also, WibbleWarrior, I hope you're kidding. Americans aren't sedentary and subservient because they're ignorant, but because it's convenient. If you really consider yourself some sort of "dying breed" of sentimental humanistic nonconformist, I'd pity you, but since you're just a troll I'll be relegating you to the "Ignore" list with Forummod and his ilk.
Last edited by oyster; May 28, 2010 at 04:32 AM.
back from the dead
Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
Christ, I see why other countries think we're so idiotic now.

Isaac: you can't be punished for not partaking in the Pledge of Allegiance. America brainwashes with LIBERTY.

No, actually.
Americans are brainwashed with the illusion of safety.
I know some people see me as a left wing nutjob who constantly screams "FOURTH AMENDMENT" but I can see past the ignorance of our society.
Stronger security and more surveillance mediums are being introduced every day in the U.S. Most people say it's for safety. But you should have the right to have your personal space and privacy, much like the full-body scanners at airports.
Americans (And people in other countries) are always willing to be brainwashed and give up a little of their freedom for the feeling and illusion of safety.