Ranking
Original Post
Active in-game admins?
(Disregarding my name :P) I think the public servers should have active admins taking care of the game.
Please don't tell me there's already plenty, I've been playing this game for years and I've seen all sorts of people trying to ruin the game, the only stopping put to these people was them getting tired or bored of doing so.
One can easily just run away constantly and draw the matches, which people do all the time.

Even as I'm writing this topic someone in the public wushu server has been drawing for about 20 matches by only jumping away over and over as far as they can.

I'm certain you're going to consider this an over-addressed subject but really I believe this is the game's most important need.
The only defect I can find in this great game is the community, and I think just a few trusted admins who play the game frequently would resolve this issue easily.
its too much work to hire people, for ALL the servers to cover.. escpially since most of them (atleast black belt ish) are never really filled.
if u need help regarding that, go call a GM that what they are for. but its pointless to get extra people which sit there for 2 hours waiting someone to do something bad...
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
Is drawing the match on purpose a breach of rules?
In my opinion, regardless of whether it is a troll or just plain sucking,
a constant draw of matches is nothing but a type of game-play.

I'm probably not as familiar with the game's official rules as you but, in my gaming experience, this is far worse than spamming or flaming in any way.
Every person waiting to play eventually finds out they're just wasting their time, this basically stops the server and doesn't let anyone play.
Not to mention the public wushu server is really the only place a blackbelt can play wushu since the blackbelt servers are usually empty, so really if you want wushu as a blackbelt that's the only place you can go to.

I should also add that I'm in no way saying the current admins do not do their job, all we have to do is come to the website and contact them.
The problem is really the huge amount of people willing to ruin everyone's game experience just to have a laugh. I really think if there are admins who's main objective is working in-game, they would easily spot these people as they were playing.

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
its pointless to get extra people which sit there for 2 hours waiting someone to do something bad...

That's exactly my point. Admins who like to play the game and do it because they want to, also if they actually did that I'm pretty sure 5 mins would be enough to spot someone.
Last edited by Asshat91; Jan 29, 2014 at 01:36 PM.
Asshat96:
Feel free to hit the "Help" button from the links on top of the forum and report such actions there. There are always people with ingame admin in #support so are most likely to be helped there.

Getting people to sit 24h per day in each public room isn't going to work because we now have 38 official rooms (if you add static tournaments and quick rooms that'll almost double this amount), that'd require minimum 200 server moderators.
That's exactly my point. Admins who like to play the game and do it because they want to, also if they actually did that I'm pretty sure 5 mins would be enough to spot someone.

I did not ask for 2 hours and I most definitely did not ask for 24 either. I'm not asking for gms/admins to waste time just watching the servers, I'm asking for admins who already play the game regularly in the public servers for their own leisure.
I think just being there to see things occasionally would be a huge contribution to the community, and I really believe there shouldn't be such a strict line between doing an admin's job and just playing the game.
Of course, as I said, these are just some suggestions based on my opinion and admin experience, I'd hate to come out as someone who thinks they know this better than those in charge.
Last edited by Asshat91; Jan 29, 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Well, GMs are supposed to sit in low-belt servers since the dissolution of the Uniteam, but they don't seem to do it at all.

Originally Posted by Liar View Post
Your fault you can't hit THEM fast enough..

Shut the front door.
If you stopped for a second to interpret what it means if two lowbies are stuck in the aforementioned scenario, let me help you: the queue doesn't move. The same two assholes are going to play for all eternity (or at least until one of them gets bored and leaves).
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Well, GMs are supposed to sit in low-belt servers since the dissolution of the Uniteam, but they don't seem to do it at all.

Shut the front door.
If you stopped for a second to interpret what it means if two lowbies are stuck in the aforementioned scenario, let me help you: the queue doesn't move. The same two assholes are going to play for all eternity (or at least until one of them gets bored and leaves).

They do, just not as often.

Also you act as if they are idiots. There's a word I think you should learn. PATIENCE.

Just because they don't server sit doesn't mean they won't yell at them if you ask nicely
What could be added is a client connection to the IRC where there are (to my knowledge) at least 1 GM always online. However, having someone server-sit 24/7 sounds like a waste of time, and as GMs are not actually paid, I'd be surprised if it doesn't just make the GM's job a lot more dull...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
having someone server-sit 24/7 sounds like a waste of time, and as GMs are not actually paid, I'd be surprised if it doesn't just make the GM's job a lot more dull...

Please check out my last post in this thread, this is not what I'm suggesting.