Toribash
Original Post
Auto screenshot feature
Okay, my suggestion probably will help the Market Squad a lot on solving scam reports and other things but can also help all other staffs.
The market squad hate when someone open a duel scam reports without any evidences. So, i'm suggesting to add an auto screenshot feature to the toribash.
How it could work:

*You can activate the auto screenshot through the settings, just like replay autosave;
*When duel mod is on, the auto screenshot automatically turns on and takes screenshots every match played;
*If you duel items or USD, you can always leave it on for your safety;
*All the screenshots goes to "screenshots" folder.
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
I have to agree on this. Maybe put a timer on it for it to take the screenshot. Also settings so you could modify when it takes the screenshot and where.

If you get scammed, you'll have all the necessary evidence to solve your case.

Thanks for reading. Leave your suggestions
Last edited by Life; Feb 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
R.I.P Static
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I'm surprised no ES members put replies up on this already? Maybe I really just suck with screens, who knows.

I'm afraid of replying with this bag of yes's I collected from the back of my head. This would be so fucking awesome and righteous to people getting scammed. Sure, taking a screenshot is important when dueling. But should you be at fault and have a loss of items if you're getting scammed just because you missed out on a screenshot? Have a temporary screenshot folder that screens every outcome of a game if you wish to have this option on.

Also hosting ETouries would be more cool then :^)
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Personally I think it would be more beneficial to have this permanantly enabled without it being able to be turned off - taking a screenshot after every match and every time the chat box fills up

the screenshots would save for a week then be deleted, this would give the benefit to everyone even people who dont know about the feature or dont know to take screenshots of duels at all
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
That's just plain stupid I can't believe so many people think this would be a great idea.

1. There already are 3rd party programs that are able to do it so if you are too disabled to click print screen button you can download one of those.
2. This would straight up spam your PC, and as far as I'm aware games aren't able to delete your files without additional engine specifically designed to do so, meaning you would have to delete these screenshots manually, which most people would forget to do and collect gigabytes of pictures.

If you are so obsessed with this idea let me tell you there are way easier ways around it. For example a TEXTUAL log of all chats happening in game that would be sent to server at the end of the day and could be retrieved when a proof is needed, or ability to save replay which would include all chat that happened while fighting. Auto screenshotting is really most primitive and hardest to implement feature regarding proof when getting scammed.
Why are you so intent on bashing it? No one would force you to use it. It was suggested as optional, so that makes everything ok.

It is a handy tool for people who need to take a ton of screens and something spammish for those who don't, I get that, but there is a solution...
Last edited by Link; Feb 10, 2017 at 07:48 PM.
Well I can tell you exactly why I'm bashing it. It's because of useless and barely required features like this the game doesn't progress in gameplay or performance. Development team and time is limited so not everything can be accomplished, and when shitty features like this takes the priority no actual good features are made.

Yes, this would be useful and nice thing to have, I get that, but it would take a lot of time to develop which could be used in way better things.

It's because of useless features like that 5.1 is pretty much the same as 4.1 for an average player. Voicechat was similar to this suggestion in terms of usage. It was advertised as pretty much main feature of 5.1, everyone got hyped about it but then no one used it, it was buggy as fuck and could be easily overcome with skype, discord or any other voicechat software. Frankly I'm just sick and tired of getting shit like this when actual gameplay changes could be made.

Hope this clears some things out. I'm not hating on this idea, but by seeing how much support it's getting I'm afraid that developers might try to implement it, but most people don't understand how this is not a feature you would want when the development time is limited.
Last edited by Smaguris; Feb 11, 2017 at 02:25 AM.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Well I can tell you exactly why I'm bashing it. It's because of useless and barely required features like this the game doesn't progress in gameplay or performance. Development team and time is limited so not everything can be accomplished, and when shitty features like this takes the priority no actual good features are made.

Can you tell me what good features, gameplay and performance, are being added right now? You seem to like other "useless" features in the S&I board you know.

Yes, this would be useful and nice thing to have, I get that, but it would take a lot of time to develop which could be used in way better things.

You don't know that. And yes, this would be really fucking nice to have, on account of everyone hosting and to those getting scammed and losing out on won duels just because they forgot to take a screen.

It's because of useless features like that 5.1 is pretty much the same as 4.1 for an average player. Voicechat was similar to this suggestion in terms of usage. It was advertised as pretty much main feature of 5.1, everyone got hyped about it but then no one used it, it was buggy as fuck and could be easily overcome with skype, discord or any other voicechat software. Frankly I'm just sick and tired of getting shit like this when actual gameplay changes could be made.

I think you need to broaden your horizons mate, 5.X isn't that bad. Sure, they should fix the shit out of it and make sure that the features are relatively bug free and user friendly. But whereas the voice-chat is just a fancy feature for communication, this one would serve a purpose of making some things righteous.

Just because you don't see a use for it, doesn't mean that it's gonna be an utter waste of time you know.
Last edited by Swepples; Feb 11, 2017 at 05:27 PM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's just plain stupid I can't believe so many people think this would be a great idea.

1. There already are 3rd party programs that are able to do it so if you are too disabled to click print screen button you can download one of those.
2. This would straight up spam your PC, and as far as I'm aware games aren't able to delete your files without additional engine specifically designed to do so, meaning you would have to delete these screenshots manually, which most people would forget to do and collect gigabytes of pictures.

If you are so obsessed with this idea let me tell you there are way easier ways around it. For example a TEXTUAL log of all chats happening in game that would be sent to server at the end of the day and could be retrieved when a proof is needed, or ability to save replay which would include all chat that happened while fighting. Auto screenshotting is really most primitive and hardest to implement feature regarding proof when getting scammed.

One of the biggest benefits is that it gives new players that dont know what evidence you need from a duel the evidence required automatically, which is why I argued for my version rather than the other one. My version has all the benefits of the other one, plus being useful for beginners as there is no command to learn

You are wrong, not only is it possble to delete files from a game, it is extremely basic - it could also be set to delete images after the folder containing them reaches a certain size.

Also all the code for making the client take a screenshot is already contained in /ss so very little coding is necessary
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
Can you tell me what good features, gameplay and performance, are being added right now? You seem to like other "useless" features in the S&I board you know.

None. All features that are being added right now are utter shit. It's about time for visual and engine changes, not just shitty features.

You don't know that. And yes, this would be really fucking nice to have, on account of everyone hosting and to those getting scammed and losing out on won duels just because they forgot to take a screen.

If they forgot to take a screenshot that's their problem, and as i said there are other programs designed for that.

I think you need to broaden your horizons mate, 5.X isn't that bad. Sure, they should fix the shit out of it and make sure that the features are relatively bug free and user friendly. But whereas the voice-chat is just a fancy feature for communication, this one would serve a purpose of making some things righteous.

Feel free to name me at least 3 reasons why 5.X is better for an average player than a 4.X is. I really doubt that you could think of at least one.

Just because you don't see a use for it, doesn't mean that it's gonna be an utter waste of time you know.

I'm not saying there is no use for it read my post again.

Originally Posted by fallu View Post
One of the biggest benefits is that it gives new players that dont know what evidence you need from a duel the evidence required automatically, which is why I argued for my version rather than the other one. My version has all the benefits of the other one, plus being useful for beginners as there is no command to learn

You are wrong, not only is it possble to delete files from a game, it is extremely basic - it could also be set to delete images after the folder containing them reaches a certain size.

Also all the code for making the client take a screenshot is already contained in /ss so very little coding is necessary

1. New players dont duel
2. There are barely any new players these days

About the difficulty of it I'm not 100% sure, I might be wrong there I'm not a game dev.

All you forum users can argue for it as much as you want, but people who actually enjoy and play the game on daily basis would like to get some update too, but sadly that is not happening and staff of course always get what they want because they have a voice in this community. However, staff doesn't play this game nearly as often as an average player so of course you Don't give a fuck about in game changes.

Go ahead make a poll IN GAME if people would rather like to see a visual update of the game or auto screenshot feature and then decide how bad people need it, since your main concern seem to be players.
Last edited by Smaguris; Feb 11, 2017 at 09:24 PM.
At least 60% of the scam reports are opened by new players, you're just talking shit.
No one will guess when you're gonna get scammed, it can happen with me or maybe with you. Also, I have specified all the other benefits of this idea in my last post, this is not only for scam reports.
R.I.P Static