Ranking
I just use blender to create detailed normal maps from detailed models (for render speed purposes and for games, until I can afford bumpmap textures / when they become available), or to convert bump to normal. Blender can do it all. Or C4d or whatever you use.
Normal map is NOT bumpmap.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post

True statement - but normal maps work better for bumpmapping in toribash.

Also, for people lacking Windows there's a free GIMP plugin which can be found here:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/69

And yes it works - I use it for mine.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you

As said above, true. But toribash uses normal maps rather than bump maps... They're pretty much the same thing though. Normal map is a type of bump map.
What about parallax mapping, do you think that would look better on toribash or not?

I can see how it would not look good in non shaders but I think it would be perfect for giving that extra oomph to people with shaders on.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
True statement - but normal maps work better for bumpmapping in toribash.

Also, for people lacking Windows there's a free GIMP plugin which can be found here:

http://registry.gimp.org/node/69

And yes it works - I use it for mine.

Tnx skulfuk,
My tb fixed now. when i used Gimp plugin Normal map for my bumpmap texture.
um i nedd help putting that normal map file thing i downloaded into the crrect folders for it to appear in gimp. what folders im supposed to put them in?
Last edited by kylan97; Jul 27, 2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: fail spelling
Strictly a replay maker with a LOW amount of tc. (;
I have 2 questions maybe someone can help answer:
Without shaders.. the bumpmapped head seems to look like it did without shaders back in 3.5 (like you can see the polys..) instead of all nice like in 3.8 graphics.. is there any way to fix that?
When I turn shaders on the head goes totally grey.. how do I work the bumpmap with shaders on?
Anyways thanks for posting the plug ins they work great
/set gr 0 0 -30