Toribash
That's literally leaving out half of the conversation and missing the entire point of my argument.

Understanding how and why people did things has to be understood in the context of the time it happened. To be frank, children had worked throughout history, up to and including the point that Child Labor Laws were passed.

In fact, The labor conditions in agricultural work were worse than the labor conditions in most other industries.

I don't advocate for child labor, but when you point things out that seem egregious from a modern perspective, you have to understand that it might not have been seen as quite as bad, or even justifiable, at the time it happened.

You also greatly overestimate the amount of children that worked in coal mines.

The free market has imperfections, but when you advocate government as the solution, you have to consider one important thing:

"The government is terrible at everything ever."- Every Libertarian economist ever.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
oh god dont start this in here i cant resist telling you how retarded your milton friedman youtube theories are

also very inspirational signature you look very intelligent

how misleading

Seems to me that you brought it up here, so kinda odd of you to tell me to not "start" this.

You forgot to tell me how retarded Thomas Sowell is too. In fact, you forgot to call me a retard here as well. You're dropping the ball.

My signature has been the same for literally 3 years and you have a problem with it now? Why? Why bring my signature into this? Why do you think it sounds intelligent?

If you want to have a debate on the validity of free market economic theory, we can have that debate in a respectful and cordial manner; however I will not sit here and listen to you attack my character over and over without you providing an argument of your own.
Last edited by Templar; Sep 22, 2016 at 07:05 PM.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS