Toribash
Original Post
BASIC'S ((NEW)) ART THREAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU GO GODDAMN. BASIC IS PRETTY NICE .

COMMISSION SHEET, PM IF INTERESTED

tablet era

KALIKA (char design)

mouse era

follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/skullango
Last edited by basic; Apr 26, 2021 at 04:38 AM.
Is this an ink? Looks more like a digital painting to me. I don't know if that's correct to critique a cartoon drawings because in this case you can always tell "that was made on a purpose" but what I can clearly see is that you have problems with an understanding of proportions. I do not promote academic drawing but beside the fact you cut the half of her face on the second drawing you also made a forefinger shorter than it should be regarding to its upper phalanx. I think you draw rather intuitively than with an understanding of how it supposed to look normally.

In this case a thumb supposed to "start" earlier not from the wrist.
It would still look weird because of the angle of the lower part of the hand. To hold a knife like you need to open your hand a little bit but not make it as abnormal as the knife is. Otherwise keep up, having style is cool but I think having style and a technique is much much better imo
GLORY FOR UKRAINE
second one is digital yeah. lots of people do inktober digitally so i said why not
i'm definitely still not the best at doing hands but i've been reading a figure drawing book recently so i'm hoping to learn more about anatomy
thanks for the cnc :d i'll keep that in mind

here's another drawing, i've been doing a bit of fanart
also i totally fucked up the tits but don't tell anyone

asuka

Anime is probably the hardest things you can do anatomy wise, because if something is just a tiny bit off its super easy to spot, even though its stylistic. so if you put that aside I think the drawings look pretty neat, its shaded nicely and has a good choice of colors, I especially like the first one.

Just keep drawing man I'm sure you will improve faster than you think, its very easy to get discouraged in the beginning, because of course not everything you do will look right, every year you can look back at your old work and go "damn I knew nothing back then compared to what I know now" and thats an amazing feeling.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Just keep drawing man I'm sure you will improve faster than you think, its very easy to get discouraged in the beginning, because of course not everything you do will look right, every year you can look back at your old work and go "damn I knew nothing back then compared to what I know now" and thats an amazing feeling.

yeah man i've definitely improved a lot, if you check my previous art thread you can see all the progress i've made. thanks for the encouragement

here's some soul eater fanart, i don't like the chibi style i gave her and i believe the arms are a bit too wide but i think the foreshortening is pretty cool

maka albarn

great stuff, all i gotta say. Soul eater one especially.
▋▋▋▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▋▋▋
[SIGPIC]https://i.imgur.com/JJvmOHS.gif[/SIGPIC]
▋▋▋▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▀ ▅ ▋▋▋
GODDAMN. BASIC IS PRETTY NICE .

Honestly some great art so far. I really love your style and the way you shade things. The only mistakes I can find are minor and not even really worth mentioning. Keep up the good work my dude.
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
Originally Posted by Crollex View Post
great stuff, all i gotta say. Soul eater one especially.

Originally Posted by Seth View Post
GODDAMN. BASIC IS PRETTY NICE .

Honestly some great art so far. I really love your style and the way you shade things. The only mistakes I can find are minor and not even really worth mentioning. Keep up the good work my dude.

thank you guys, appreciate these comments

here's a bit of anatomy practice i did a few weeks ago, i noticed her forearm was too close to her tits while i was doing it but i said fuck it and left it like that because im a bit lazy lol. also i think her shorts should be covering more of her belly. pretty simple drawing though

first time i used this brush for lineart, makes it look cuter i guess? it's nice

charming devil

Last edited by basic; Oct 7, 2019 at 10:43 PM.
Makes the line art look a bit more rough and would be perfect for some less detailed more cartoony projects.Her legs feel weirdly long compared to the rest of her even though we can't see the rest of her legs, seeing as we haven't really gotten down to her knees in this the legs would be almost twice the size of her body. Overall a good cutie I love her.
Last edited by Seth; Oct 8, 2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: bleh
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard