Toribash
My vote is no, ill wait to see if Nearly or anyone elae has anything to say, otherwiae it should stay no for now
oh yeah
holy shit I'm late, but yeah judging from the last 2 replays you posed, I'd say no as well.

the 2nd replay was ok but it looked like you didnt move at all in 956-895, which bothered me a bit.

the manip part looked a bit messy imo

skeet was pretty damn sweet tho

first replay wasnt messy at all but I think was a bit too basic
ok so In Another time v2 movements are ok and i like the dms, but i dont like the whole little bit before the decap. it just seems too added on and i personally would have ended it at the skeet.

in a box: didnt really mind that you were in that weird position during the spin in the opener since you got out of it pretty fast. like the transition into the dms, but once you got uke onto the wall i literally didnt know what was happening. you were just kinda flailing around kicking and punching. and the hits just didnt seem defined. And im not saying that hits have to be defined because some of my favorite replays are the subtle hits that make me go "wait what happened how did that happen", but in this replay its just really messy.

ok so in touch down i like the idea of starting like that and i also really like the dms, but then all of a sudden the replay just ends. im here like WHAT WHERE IS THE REST!!!!!!!!! even though there are alot of dms that doesnt mean the replay has to be over. to me it looked lie you were gonna go for the legs, but then you just hold all and stop.

its going to be a no from me.
Despite the variety of mods the replays didn't show a lot of different stuff, the environments in the mods weren't really used to your advantage. The dms are cool except the right glute dm in Another Time which is hacked or whatever, but my main problem with the replays is the fact that the hits are generally very samey and uninspired. Bend knees + lower body close to the ground so you can extend knees and swing arms to a spin works very well, but if all of your transitions are a variation of that all your hits are going to look very similar. You even hacked the third replay so you could start in that exact position (I know it was to make it more interesting but I thought it was comedic that you did it when all the other replays also used that setup). Getting out of tough situations effectively and making it look good is admirable and it's generally what makes replays impressive and pleasing to watch, so making your tori start in a convenient but overused position annoyed me more than anything despite your intention of starting the replay in a more creative way.

Whatever you do in the replays you usually comply, but you're not doing anything super interesting in my opinion (the replay in the tower mod had a couple of hits and the skeets which was a little different, but the other 2 replays I can't remember a single thing about after closing Toribash). I'd say either ramp up the execution so you can pull off some really pretty and well planned hits rather than just kicking what's in front of you, or try some more interesting ideas.
Last edited by pusga; Sep 29, 2017 at 11:08 PM.
oh yeah
trying to get in using tricking replays >:
Attached Files
#Hurricane.rpl (885.1 KB, 9 views)
[Gloomy].rpl (970.5 KB, 9 views)
teto.rpl (636.1 KB, 9 views)
[ΛΜΔŦΞRΛŞŬ]
Hi I'm not a recruiter so my vote doesn't count but I'd like to express my opinion on this.

Meija, generally you are a great tricking replaymaker but my main problem with you is the same with many others. The tricks are there, and they look great. However, they lack personal touch. It just looks too generic and forgetable when you don't add a bit yourself into a replay. Try to experiment with movements a bit and find what you would consider your own style, as in my eyes you currently lack one. Also teto was pretty wonky and stiff, I'd work on that one a bit more if I were you.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
Despite the variety of mods the replays didn't show a lot of different stuff, the environments in the mods weren't really used to your advantage. The dms are cool except the right glute dm in Another Time which is hacked or whatever, but my main problem with the replays is the fact that the hits are generally very samey and uninspired. Bend knees + lower body close to the ground so you can extend knees and swing arms to a spin works very well, but if all of your transitions are a variation of that all your hits are going to look very similar. You even hacked the third replay so you could start in that exact position (I know it was to make it more interesting but I thought it was comedic that you did it when all the other replays also used that setup). Getting out of tough situations effectively and making it look good is admirable and it's generally what makes replays impressive and pleasing to watch, so making your tori start in a convenient but overused position annoyed me more than anything despite your intention of starting the replay in a more creative way.

Whatever you do in the replays you usually comply, but you're not doing anything super interesting in my opinion (the replay in the tower mod had a couple of hits and the skeets which was a little different, but the other 2 replays I can't remember a single thing about after closing Toribash). I'd say either ramp up the execution so you can pull off some really pretty and well planned hits rather than just kicking what's in front of you, or try some more interesting ideas.

Oh, I wasn't aware you guys wanted more interesting ideas in replays, I assumed to just work on my style for a bit, I'll get to work on everything you said and i'll be back once i think it's good enough.
-----
Originally Posted by Static View Post
ok so in touch down i like the idea of starting like that and i also really like the dms, but then all of a sudden the replay just ends. im here like WHAT WHERE IS THE REST!!!!!!!!! even though there are alot of dms that doesnt mean the replay has to be over. to me it looked lie you were gonna go for the legs, but then you just hold all and stop.

Originally, I did go for the legs and stuff, but it looked bad and I left it out.
Last edited by tabby; Oct 2, 2017 at 12:51 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
Oh, I wasn't aware you guys wanted more interesting ideas in replays, I assumed to just work on my style for a bit, I'll get to work on everything you said and i'll be back once i think it's good enough.

we just want good replays, if your execution isn't good and your ideas also aren't great then I'm forced to say no until you reach a good balance or become amazing at either.
oh yeah
Ay. I'm probably not too far off from standard but this is what I've got for the time being. I don't have a lot of time to practice.
Attached Files
somethingiguess.rpl (94.1 KB, 21 views)
floop.rpl (24.8 KB, 20 views)
idk.rpl (131.0 KB, 23 views)
Last edited by id; Oct 4, 2017 at 07:22 AM.