Toribash
Original Post
hopdiddy lore when
answer me alejandro we need more lore on who they are... not where they came from
This sig has been infracted.
Reason: reopening Alcatraz
I will answer with a very detailed account on something I have never spoken openly about.

The hopdiddies were the, now mostly lost in its entirety due to ImageShack deleting everything in like 2013, custom pixel icons that I used to make back when I was 9 to 10 years old (2009ish) and I charged I think like 300tc per and this was super cheap since I was 9 and had nothing but free time and a desire to design.

The design consisted of an awesome face in a maybe 20x20px format? that I edited to make it look like the client requested or usually their head. I did many weird practices due to being a kid at the time like asking for them to PM me their head texture (I could've just pulled it from the game itself), I berated the paying clients because I was a hotheaded child, and I would name the pictures things like assface.png and send it over unbeknownst to me that it displayed the original name.

I like to think this was the minority however I acknowledge I was an asshole kid and many times I was a hair away from being banned from the market by hanz0 whom I despised and he just saw me as a disruptive kid so I understand his point, absolutely.

The term Hopdiddy comes from a PIVOT animator that I was a fan of 15 years ago, his profile picture was the old-internet famous awesome face, I associated Hopdiddy with the face so that's what I called them and made people call them. Pivot is an animating software focused on stickmen. Here is a video by Hopdiddy:

To cut it short, I started a mini-trend within Toribash as more people used their hopdiddies as avatars, as icons, or as whatever they liked, I made a good amount of them before having another user, I think it was Gorman maybe? I don't remember but it was an artist, also making hopdiddies, but in large format, maybe 100x100px by then, and charging like 3kTC per, I was livid by the idea theft, I subsequently started making big hopdiddies and honestly I think I became friends with the guy later, I think mine were cheaper so I prevailed.

The hopdiddies and the toribash-related art made me my first $10 that I sold to Kristis133, Kristupas Sakalius, the lithuanian co-founder of dead edgy clan Phoenix, and founder of the gone but not forgotten Tint that then merged with Team Girl Scouts to become the absurd Creamy Horse Mouths.

This act forever changed my life as I saw that I could profit off art and now make a living on it, thankfully.

Thank you for asking this question grimmeyhits, it is very meaningful to me and I am grateful you are interested in this game that so needs new souls breathed into it.

I must add as an extra that the hopdiddy trend was short-lived and I will try to find a remnant of it someplace, however I don't think I will find one, what was a HUGE trend that I have no idea where it stemmed from was the foxes, I'm sure old players like me will remember the foxes, I still see some and my mind is blown, that is from like 2010.
Alejandro, you and I have hopditty in common then. Those stick figure animations were my jam in the early 2000s.

Also, I love how detailed this explanation was. I thank you for that. Learning something new about you I hadn't known prior.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
this better than the fnaf lore on god
-----
and btw i used pivot once, was awesome... it was so cool
Last edited by grimmeyhits; Mar 1, 2024 at 01:21 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This sig has been infracted.
Reason: reopening Alcatraz