Toribash
Well thanks for being a twat zombkeys. In a thread regarding the basis of our existence (no matter how poor some responses have been) what we really needed was a big bloody stupid overused meme to remind us that no matter where on the internet we are that there are retards close by.

I am attempting to find a video which regards trusting our thoughts and senses and how we perceive things. It came about during a religious debate but I think it could be applied here. How do we know we can trust our senses etc.
Originally Posted by Thanatos12 View Post
Well thanks for being a twat zombkeys. In a thread regarding the basis of our existence (no matter how poor some responses have been) what we really needed was a big bloody stupid overused meme to remind us that no matter where on the internet we are that there are retards close by.

I am attempting to find a video which regards trusting our thoughts and senses and how we perceive things. It came about during a religious debate but I think it could be applied here. How do we know we can trust our senses etc.

um thank you for being an asshole about it? Not only that did you ever stop to think that i didn't post that? Well in fact i didn't post it it was my brother did, he had access to my account at the time. I'm sorry for the meme that was posted but im not ganna let it happen again anytime soon.

Maby we shouldn't worry about it so much and move on with our lives in stead of asking questions, or being complete assholes like every one else but you know this is all based on opinion. Along with every thing else posted in this thread, it's all opinion and if you don't like my'n you don't have to be a jackass about it. sorry for the foul language but I am upset about your ignorant post about me being a "retard" when I'm not mental ill.
Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
I struggled with the same thing as a kid...

I just realised that there is no reason not to take everything as it appears, as that just causes paranoia and anxiety (see: my childhood) so far is hasn't let me down. :P

This, for the most part. And yes, as others have said, this has already been tested etc.

If you are really interested in this sort of thinking, read up on some of the first Greek philosophers. Granted, none of their ideas of existence are what I would call accurate, but when you think about what science they had at the time, the theories are actually really beautiful and inspiring.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Let me try to simplify and clarify.

If we don't believe that we exist, we couldn't exist. In other words, our existence is based on our belief of our existence. Of course, scientifically, this is impossible. I don't need to go in to matter, and atoms, and stuff like that, but how can we exist by thinking we exist if babies in the stage where they are 1 cell, having not started the process if mitosis yet, have not yet developed a brain. Or, someone in a coma, not thinking at all, would disappear. Or a dead person. If someone dies, would they instantly disappear from the face of the earth? Doubtful.
T1cux: clan have eggs.
Originally Posted by CazRules View Post
it may be a little (very) silly, but...

i that we exist only because of the thought of our existence, because you cant think that you dont exist, because you can fell, see, hear, taste(?) and smell(??) yourself, so if someone, who has lived by themself for 99% of their life, manedged to make themself think nothing exists and belive it, then they would disapear?

i cant think of any other way to explain it.

discuss.

hell no...
theyd have to kill theirself
put your text here! only 50 a week
25k head request- Wiirus
so this is what the toribash forum has become...ugh
<Hector|Bday> for 3k tc
<Hector|Bday> I sold a photo of shit
Your reality is based off of your sense. (sight,touch,taste,hear,smell). And our reality is only based upon what we find off of those senses. If we did not have any of those, then we would be non-existent. But then the quesiton is, how can we trust our senses? We dont know the answer because the info we gather is also from our senses. Humans are natural to have these kinds of questions, because the human ambition is to learn. If it wasnt so, this thread wouldnt be here, and we probably wouldnt have internet. This would also be why scientists are always disprooving themselfs. Well this thread can only go as far as your imagination works, but we dont have a real fact to how this works.
For all we know, we might be little animals, and the entire solar system and everything we know is just an experiment, or a smaller part, of an entire society much larger then we can comprehend.
RIP [TPC]
This guy was once a GameMaster
I'm gonna go and not exist now bbl.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop