Toribash
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
@melq meh, definitely not my style, I do like the guitar at points. It's also pretty cool to listen to at solo's, would definitely enjoy that a lot more if it wasn't so crazy haha. Still a good listen, also reminded me of AoT theme song.

Anyways sorry for inactivity guys I've been insanely busy this summer and haven't had nearly as much time as I anticipated I would. Good news is I just bought tickets to a Courtney Barnett concert in New York City so I'm pretty pumped for that. Thanks sklicklhlker for showing me her, I've been binging her pretty damn hard lately. Speaking of her heres one of my favorites from her. Her music is perfect for just chilling out on a lazy day

rip video not available
cage the gargoyle
song is called elevator operator by courtney barnett if interested and its blocked. Goes for anyone else too
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
song is called elevator operator by courtney barnett if interested and its blocked. Goes for anyone else too

Somehow I can only find a version made by the girl scouts
I do not approve of this version
cage the gargoyle
i like courtney for her lazy lyrics alot, although, i feel that the lyrics tend to work better for slower, more melancholy songs, but, hey, sounds good either way. i found her from just looking in a magazine for new/debut releases, and shes a great indie.

broken social scene are a band that i've 'found' since alot of metric fans recommended them for some reason, although they don't sound alike at all and are pretty versatile with their music, with sweet soothing instrumental tracks to weird rock songs.

this one in particular reminded me of pusga's boards of canada (which i looked more into, and was still pretty interested; still am now), and felt a very intimate listen, being a very lonely experience and indulging in that fact, and that's what i felt with BoC (and BSS just happens to be canadian).
not sure if pusga agrees on me with this, although its nice to shed light to an older band that is much more chilled.
Last edited by Skylar; Jun 10, 2015 at 09:32 PM.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
a
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post

this one in particular reminded me of pusga's boards of canada (which i looked more into, and was still pretty interested; still am now), and felt a very intimate listen, being a very lonely experience and indulging in that fact, and that's what i felt with BoC (and BSS just happens to be canadian).
not sure if pusga agrees on me with this, although its nice to shed light to an older band that is much more chilled.

i agree
same drone element (listened to 2 more songs from that album because it sounded cool and they all seem to be ambient-ish), and same apathetic emanations. great find too, listening to the rest of the album later today. thanks :o

also its really weird how when a band name has a country name in the title none of the band members are EVER from that country (portugal the man, boards of canada)
Last edited by pusga; Jun 10, 2015 at 10:02 PM.
oh yeah
@melq meh, definitely not my style, I do like the guitar at points. It's also pretty cool to listen to at solo's, would definitely enjoy that a lot more if it wasn't so crazy haha. Still a good listen, also reminded me of AoT theme song.

Anyways sorry for inactivity guys I've been insanely busy this summer and haven't had nearly as much time as I anticipated I would. Good news is I just bought tickets to a Courtney Barnett concert in New York City so I'm pretty pumped for that. Thanks sklicklhlker for showing me her, I've been binging her pretty damn hard lately. Speaking of her heres one of my favorites from her. Her music is perfect for just chilling out on a lazy day

I'm surprised I've never heard of her, although I am not normally a fan of female singers for some reason. (Not sexist)
Most Australian/British/other accents don't show very much when they're singing, but I can definitely tell she's Australian. Another case where it's rather easy to tell is Bastille.

The lyrics is rather good too, but Bad Blood also by Bastille probably has better lyrics.
S A D B O Y S
Originally Posted by Laser View Post

I'm surprised I've never heard of her, although I am not normally a fan of female singers for some reason. (Not sexist)
Most Australian/British/other accents don't show very much when they're singing, but I can definitely tell she's Australian. Another case where it's rather easy to tell is Bastille.

The lyrics is rather good too, but Bad Blood also by Bastille probably has better lyrics.

You should try listening to Pompeii with drums, it's much, much better, I don't know why Bastille didn't add drums to it on the first place.
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
i agree that pompeii sounds fuller with drums, although there is a decent amount of them in the original song.

anyone up for some muse?
Last edited by ruby; Jun 14, 2015 at 02:00 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@bastille, used to really like bastille, but, found their sound a bit too pop orientated, props to their lead singer though, he sounds pretty good acoustic, although that song didn't feel majorly different with those added drums and felt a bit too raw for the produced sound of the song.

@ruby, I found muse to be a bit too generic in terms of rock/altern rock and the sound bores me with the overly used riff and the lyrics sound a bit too 'hey lets be angry and vulgar for no reason'. still, i may be biased away from the group and the singer, but, i admit they have had very good moments in their discography.

SHUFFLE SOMEDAY
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Skylar: pretty nice, best imo are the bassline and the guitar panned to the left during the verse. speaking of verse, the chorus is probably the only part i didnt like, honestly wouldnt be able to tell it apart from hundreds of other songs. and again, i surprisingly dont mind the singing in this. im probably just growing used to singing i guess.

i literally got Darude - Sandstorm when i used shuffle the first time, not even kidding
second time i got this:

oh yeah