Toribash
Original Post
Is this a normal toribash interaction?
I got told "kys" after suplexing someone in ABD. Is there anything toxic I might've accidentely done? I don't know how to screenrecord, and left the game already so the chat is gone. I don't wanna report him, as I've been mad too, but I just want to know, what is considered a toxic action in toribash?
this usually doesn't tend to be the case, most people I come across are good sports. suplexing is allowed and encouraged in abd
no way bro thats crazy
I'm sorry that this player you were pitted against had a poor reaction and I understand how it reflects poorly on the community, I however assure you it is an entirely isolated instance of a single player being toxic; not a normal interaction.
Okay, good. But what would be considered a toxic or lame move in games, besides using chat. Like what move would you have to do for someone to get angry at you?
I guess some players follow "soft rules", and don't react as well when others don't follow. Running away in any striking mod (lenshu, boxshu) is a part of the strategy when you're leading in points, but people sometimes get annoyed. Other example is dm kicks or leggrab openers in ABD, some people can't counter them and it just ruins the fun for them, because they lose a casual game just because of an opener.

Next time when you encounter such behaviour make sure to right click the players name, and file a report in-game. If that doesn't work, just take a full screen screenshot of the situation, make a report via forums or just send it over on discord to any orange/blue/red name staff member : )
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop12 View Post
Okay, good. But what would be considered a toxic or lame move in games, besides using chat. Like what move would you have to do for someone to get angry at you?

if someone gets angry at you tell them to eat shit, there is no unbeatable technique. if someone is annoyed by the way you play they can either cry like a baby or they can try to figure out how to beat you. if they're doing the former then congrats you are the better player
Last edited by ETIQUETTE; Oct 24, 2023 at 01:00 PM.
it is what it is.

they're jus' sore losers and bad apples in the community.

just do your best to have fun and ignore all the haters.
You were good son, real good;
Maybe even the best
as an actual toribash veteran and expert with more experience in the game than everyone else left on these forums combined, i can confirm to you that it absolutely is a regular interaction in tb, and it still is very mild compared to most of the interactions u will end up dealing with in tb if u keep hanging around this community.

eventually if you keep questioning or calling out this kind of behaviour you will have some staff members doxx you and leak your personal information to their friends in the game who then come in your discord/insta/whatever social media dms and threaten you with violence irl/swatting etc, and there is absolutely nothing u can do about it but just hope that they dont do anything too crazy. (it is like 50/50, i got swatted before as result of staff member doxxing me to their friends who dislike me in the game before, and other time i just had some morons come in my social media dms telling me to kill myself)

you wont find regular people around this community, and the users who say "kys" to you and spam n words in the chat in public rooms are the same people who will go and become staff/admins the next month, and then use their "pOwErS" to fuck with you in the game if u ever had issue with them being racist/problematic. (90% of the current staff are members who were blatantly problematic and racist members just few years ago)

just know this before u end up getting more invested in to this game
Originally Posted by osno1 View Post
eventually if you keep questioning or calling out this kind of behaviour you will have some staff members doxx you and leak your personal information to their friends in the game who then come in your discord/insta/whatever social media dms and threaten you with violence irl/swatting etc, and there is absolutely nothing u can do about it but just hope that they dont do anything too crazy. (it is like 50/50, i got swatted before as result of staff member doxxing me to their friends who dislike me in the game before, and other time i just had some morons come in my social media dms telling me to kill myself)

I just want to say I'm really sorry and upset about what you've been through.

I've played this game since I was a kid, and this is honestly one of the worst things I've ever read on this forum.

This game doesn't have a huge player base, so I can only imagine how tough this situation must be, especially when there aren't enough consequences for what's happened. In my experience, the game's moderation has always been fair, but if I had been young when I started playing and something like this happened to me, I'd probably run as far away from this site as possible.

You're not alone. There are a lot of kind and friendly people here, and most of them can be understanding and supportive. Even if it seems like you haven't received much support from others during this time, I promise you that the people responsible for this don't deserve any power in this game.

I don't think the entire staff is bad, but I do know that with enough charm, someone with harmful intentions can get themselves into a mod position.

If this hasn't already been reported to Nabi Studios, I think it's important to take action and seek the highest level of support.

Lastly, to those who tell others to "kill themselves," it's just childish and unnecessary. Those words can lead to really serious consequences in real life. Many games have users who use foul language and try to make you miserable, but if staff, past or present, are involved in this hateful speech, it's completely unacceptable and should be fully investigated.

Feel free to DM me if you need to talk.