ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Galt View Post
Bahahahaha.
Anywho, what Oyster said. An animal doesn't have any rights. If the mutt was owned by someone then perhaps you could argue a breach of property laws but it wasn't, according to Hax it was a stray, owned by noone.
So yeah, those Marines can do whatever the hell they want to do to animals.
Also, lol'ing at everyone here who hates Oyster for his opinion.

Hmm.
So the only things you consider just/unjust are those that are explicitly outlined on a piece of paper that other men wrote? You seem like a type of person who would lol when a slave owner killed his 'nigger' for stealing an apple, ~200 years ago. Slaves had about as much rights back then.

I tend to value my own judgment above that of state (how humble of me), and my stance on animal vs human rights is anything but orthodox.
Those who read my "situation" topic already know of it
I don't really see a human life as objectively more important than that of any given animal, especially if we are talking of relatively smart animals and stupid hazardous people. I see some people as cosmic trash that i wouldn't mind sweeping, had i such ability. From what i have seen of that marine, he's one of them.
Last edited by Odlov; Mar 13, 2010 at 02:58 AM.
I don't care if i get infractions anyways.
Its a discussion, i'm saying what i think.
For me, its animal cruelty, i'm talking about the video.
A Soldier who is suposed to defend his county do that shit? ah come on.
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
well link, in that case they did it for a reason, for FOOD. these people threw the puppy off for practically no reason.

Atleast you have reason to that...

So why would they film this? Thats just sadistic, I mean sure go ahead and kill the damned thing but dont film it!

@nero, lets see you defend the country and not get bored or need a way to cope so you throw a dead puppy off a cliff
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Hmm.
So the only things you consider just/unjust are those that are explicitly outlined on a piece of paper that other men wrote? You seem like a type of person who would lol when a slave owner killed his 'nigger' for stealing an apple, ~200 years ago. Slaves had about as much rights back then.

I tend to value my own judgment above that of state (how humble of me), and my stance on animal vs human rights isn't anything but orthodox.
Those who read my "situation" topic already know of it
I don't really see a human life as objectively more important than that of any given animal, especially if we are talking of relatively smart animals and stupid hazardous people. I see some people as cosmic trash that i wouldn't mind sweeping, had i such ability. From what i have seen of that marine, he's one of them.

The only thing that I consider as 'bad' are people who violate others individual rights. Of course, my life is more important than anyone elses, and if it came down to a situation where I'd have to kill people to save my own life, then I would. Whilst I also think that the dog thing is immoral (by my standards), it's not illegal and it's not violating anyones rights.
The only thing that I consider as 'bad' are people who violate others individual rights. Of course, my life is more important than anyone elses, and if it came down to a situation where I'd have to kill people to save my own life, then I would. Whilst I also think that the dog thing is immoral, it's not illegal and it's not violating anyones rights.

Sincerely, what make's you think that your life is better than anyone else's?
I disagree with both Galt and Odlov-- I don't think that human life has any more value than that of an animal; I don't believe that any life has value. Anyway, this thread really doesn't serve a purpose anymore; it's just a bunch of butthurt moralists raeging over a dead dog.
back from the dead
He is selfish. Like most people now days.
平和 Peace and 戦争 war are abstract concepts.
Because 男性 men always seek 闘争 strife.
Simple. It's mine. I'll do whatever I have to do to survive.
My life is more important than yours because it's mine.
Selfishness is a virute anyways.
The only thing that I consider as 'bad' are people who violate others individual rights. Of course, my life is more important than anyone elses, and if it came down to a situation where I'd have to kill people to save my own life, then I would. Whilst I also think that the dog thing is immoral (by my standards), it's not illegal and it's not violating anyones rights.

Err....you think it is immoral and yet not bad.
Whatever.
Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
I disagree with both Galt and Odlov-- I don't think that human life has any more value than that of an animal; I don't believe that any life has value. Anyway, this thread really doesn't serve a purpose anymore; it's just a bunch of butthurt moralists raeging over a dead dog.

So basically I can kill your family without you caring.