ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
What kind of bug is this?
It's worm or caterpillar type, I think. It's about half an inch long. It body looks like it has rings. It's a tanish-oragnish color. The head is a darker red. It is immune to tape, but can't climb up the walls of a Styrofoam cup. I found it in my bed, crawling on my leg. I think I saw little tiny legs on it, and maybe pointy things coming out of its tail, this isn't for sure though.

I would provide a picture but I only have my cell phone camera and it's not clear enough.

It's kind of urgent because it tried to kill me in my sleep. and this on top of all the what I believe to be baby roaches in my bed lately and all around the house has caused me to skip sleep for tonight.

and do not worry, his crimes against me will not go unpunished. I plan on killing the fuck with fire after he's been interrogated and examined.

edit: More information: I could see a bunch of its front legs. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is a desert.
Last edited by isaac; Oct 8, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
i think its a type of centipede, not sure is its poisonous or not, kill it anyways
I'm toxic go away.
Originally Posted by teacozzy View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitfire_sawfly

look like one of these bad boys?

they're all over the place in Australia.

Nope. Much much smaller. About as long or shorter than that of the diameter of a dime. The head is smaller than the body and looks like a red dot. It's pretty thin, too. I couldn't estimate its thickness.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Caterpillars usually do not come in houses. They exist in forests and areas with trees. But sometimes, worms can come in houses because they tend to migrate towards cooler atmosphere. (since houses are protected from sun light, it is considered "cool" for worms and not all kinds of worms migrate)

Anyways, you shouldn't care much about it. Just smash it, burn it, eat it or whatever. Most worms are not poisonous. They are just creepy.
Last edited by Hero; Oct 8, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
Toriprime/VIP local moderator | Colon 3 | 4th dan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<3 Cide | Glow | Jarmund | ishi | satiknee | Wiggi | Fish | pal <3
[19:12] <&MrManiac> I kept pooping in my pants

Maybe this?

btw its a brown striped caterpiller (fig sphinx caterpillar)
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/