ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Memorable aspects of toribash history
What events/things/aspects would you consider worthy of showcasing as Toribash history?

I need you guys to help me with something, tl;dr I'm making a momentous free set that I want to be kind of an ode to the years I've spent setmaking and since my fashion brand is moving forward and I will not have a lot of time to make sets, as I'm beginning to work on the free set I'll make for the community, I was thinking and upon consideration I would like community participation around it.

I would like to make a sort of Toribash history-centric set where momentous events are depicted in a classical manner, think of greek pottery or egyptian reliefs, and these will be plastered upon the set following some sort of narrative as I want the set to be a real piece of art, and art requires participation and time and effort but it pays off.

Please help me with posting here what events you guys would constitute as Toribash history, I would really love it if you guys could be serious in your suggestions so that I don't have to filter so much and have some to pick from when needing to get creative upon depicting the events.

For example, an amazing clan league final match that was really memorable for you, or something similar; for example for me I would need to add something as simple as CheZDa's ballerina intro from this video or anything regarding ishi, Hector relax, Gorman's Toribash 5.0, but I would love having a concensus as I want the community to feel represented in a piece of art like this.

Thank you! this will take time to put together but I think with like 15-20 good suggestions I can make it work nicely since this will be super detailed and full of little nods and references that I'd love to see dissected to see who remembers.
seeing oblivion doing the first parkour and realism replays is what got me into this game, the period of time after that all the way up until 2016-17 with everyone innovating in the replaymaking game is the most memorable period for me. I think oblivion's self spar is what most excited me at the time, and if I had to pick a particular moment it's the KO for sure, where he throws the opponent up into the air and punches them on landing

there's of course a lot of other stuff that happened while I was learning replaymaking that's very notable but that one moment symbolizes it pretty well
-----
and while I'm talking about iconic replaymaking moments I gotta mention nuthug, maybe the rayman replay
Last edited by Glimpsed; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Glimpsed
toriexchange to youshop to old automated market to marketplace

I have been marketin on toribash since 2008, when I was a five grader and enjoyed flipping items and making profits
During high-school I elevated the method and got money for my first smartphone and tablet.
Now I only market for fun and to kill time during boring meetings and have a subscription to sustain the community.
Last edited by Chirox; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:04 PM.
honestly the biggest thing that sticks out is the fighting itself
i mean it's the most original idea you'll find for a long while
This sig has been infracted.
Reason: reopening Alcatraz
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
What events/things/aspects would you consider worthy of showcasing as Toribash history?

I need you guys to help me with something, tl;dr I'm making a momentous free set that I want to be kind of an ode to the years I've spent setmaking and since my fashion brand is moving forward and I will not have a lot of time to make sets, as I'm beginning to work on the free set I'll make for the community, I was thinking and upon consideration I would like community participation around it.

I would like to make a sort of Toribash history-centric set where momentous events are depicted in a classical manner, think of greek pottery or egyptian reliefs, and these will be plastered upon the set following some sort of narrative as I want the set to be a real piece of art, and art requires participation and time and effort but it pays off.

Please help me with posting here what events you guys would constitute as Toribash history, I would really love it if you guys could be serious in your suggestions so that I don't have to filter so much and have some to pick from when needing to get creative upon depicting the events.

For example, an amazing clan league final match that was really memorable for you, or something similar; for example for me I would need to add something as simple as CheZDa's ballerina intro from this video or anything regarding ishi, Hector relax, Gorman's Toribash 5.0, but I would love having a concensus as I want the community to feel represented in a piece of art like this.

Thank you! this will take time to put together but I think with like 15-20 good suggestions I can make it work nicely since this will be super detailed and full of little nods and references that I'd love to see dissected to see who remembers.

um marco seria representar a guerra da staff em geral e outros players contra os dueler, poderia usar o caso do swaves como exemplo. Fazer varios bonecos, com o Sir como principal, a staff, e varios players que sao contra o duel, e fazer o swaves como se fosse um condenado, preso, colocar algum valor referente aos 50kk perdido dele atrais, bem, é uma ideia bem interessante isso, concerteza voce deveria ter algo sobre isso no set, XD. Faça algo para lembrar as criações das minhas chamas tambem, ou nao, fds.
old promoteam tourneys with weird ass mods

The orgs were pretty noteworthy in their heyday
Last edited by sprytryne; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:12 AM.
toribash history feels really personal. i joined in 2011 but dont have that many memories of that year, other than like playing judo in public lobbies

whenever i think of 2012 im reminded of that one zombie vs vampire event where players were automatically assigned orc (zombie) or vampire (vampire) forces after losing to a player that was participating in the event
2013-15 i can only think of the brazilian clans (no mercy, void, neon new times, infinity, undead, hidden), the drama surrounding them and all the fun that was had
in the later years i was exposed to the horrors of the toribash community so i dont think the memories are as innocent and pleasant, but there was that clan battle royale event in like 2017 that was pretty good -- only official clans allowed and if you lost your clan got killed
-----
actually the one thing i can think of from 2011 is that sometimes i'd spend several minutes watching all of the stock replays and i'd be so impressed by dexter's stuff, as well as oblivion's self spar, as mentioned itt earlier. it boggled my mind back then, seemed unreal
Last edited by Arctic; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:14 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
I really liked the LesDuncan era around 2014. I was a beginner and I remember joining these pro journeys and watching others play.

The clan battle royale was intense and the first toribash world championship was legendary.
NO TITLE