Toribash
Original Post
Contemplating gives me an idea...
So let's be hypothetical. I am on an airplane, and for some reason, it is about to crash land. If I managed to get on top of the plane and jump before impact, would I survive when I hit the floor?
Beta: YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT1!!! ITS LEGIT FULL 128! Morbon: joint textures and all? Beta: lol no fuck joint textures
Originally Posted by Morbon View Post
Would I survive when I hit the floor?

Lets assume you were able to walk on to the top of the plane without getting blown off. Lets also assume that you don't get cut in half by the tail of the plane when you somehow jump.

Then when you hit the ground, you would be going at roughly the same speed as the plane. So after your bones get mashed through your organs as you slam into the ground possibly rolling along depending at what angle you hit the ground at, your body would then be burnt up by the jet fuel from the burning wreck that your dead body bounces into.

In short you would actually be safer to stay inside the plane.
Last edited by Fish; Jun 14, 2010 at 02:22 AM.
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Lets assume you were able to walk on to the top of the plane without getting blown off. Lets also assume that you don't get cut in half by the tail of the plane when you somehow jump.

Then when you hit the ground, you would be going at roughly the same speed as the plane. So after your bones get mashed through your organs as you slam into the ground possibly rolling along depending at what angle you hit the ground at, your body would then be burnt up by the jet fuel from the burning wreck that your dead body bounces into.

tl;dr version, JUMP OUT PLANE, FUCKED TO OBLIVION.
Thanks for your efforts bio, I know how hard you try and I don't blame you.
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Now lets expand on my last point... slightly. When they crash land a plane, they try to do it as smoothly and as safely as possibly. Crash landing is not quite the same as a straight up crash in to the ground with a gigantic happy fun fireball explosion.
If the wings are torn off the plane and all the fuel is spilt and ignited the shell of the plane its self can actually keep the flames outside.

Its much easier to survive landing a plane with no landing gear than it is to land on the ground with your body traveling at 500-700km/h.
Just roll when you hit the ground. You'll be fine.

Un wibbly reply;

I dont think jumping would do anything unlesss you could jump higher than you were falling?
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Just roll when you hit the ground. You'll be fine.

Un wibbly reply;

I dont think jumping would do anything unlesss you could jump higher than you were falling?

Actually if you are in a falling elevator you can live by jumping just before you hit the ground floor.

Also I agree that doing a barrel roll is always a good idea.
^No it's safest to lie flat on the ground to distribute the impact evenly.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
^No it's safest to lie flat on the ground to distribute the impact evenly.

AHahahahahaa

Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
We need Glide Suits in commercial airliners.

Also you need a parachute if you are going to use a glide suit. Just like to point out that the word glide does not mean fly.
Only if you can jump up at the exact same speed as you are falling, as this would make your velocity zero. Considering the plane is falling a lot faster than you can jump, don't bother trying.