ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
how big is a toribash enviroment
minecraft for example is like 37,282 miles.

how big is toribash?whats the max distance u can go
can u go the same distance with camera/tori or does camera go farther, etc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
That's a good question. Minecraft has blocks, so measuring the max distance is easy there. However, how do you measure distance in toribash? It has no unit like blocks. Your safest bet is setting the engage distance to as high as you can in hopes that tori and uke will eventually reach the edge of the Tori world.

This is where we might run into the next problems. Even if you reach the end of the Toriworld. How do you measure the distance in miles or km? BUT that's not a big problem here because we can just say something like measure distance 200 = 1 meter.

HOWEVER a problem comes up once you set your measure distance to too high right? Tori and uke might just disappear exactly because of the vast distance between them. How will you know where is the end? Eventually you might not be able to set engage distance to any higher even if you write in bigger numbers. Tori and Uke will remain in the same position but you will never know about it because you can't see them.

HOWEVER what if I tell you that there is an easier way to find out the max distance? An almost sure fire method! I'm not a modder so I don't know how it works or if it works at all BUT, can't you just create a hollow cube? A cube so big it can't get any bigger?

Either way, there is a chance the answer is easier than this and I'm just spouting nonsense. I haven't played toribash in months so I forgot a lot of stuff. Still, it was a good session.
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Whatever the max distance you can set Tori and Uke apart.

the max distance you can set tori and uke apart is 2,147,483,647 and there is theoretically nothing stopping you from moving further apart after setting that engage distance, so i would say this is incorrect

i only say "theoretically" because this is what happens when you set this ED lol
https://gyazo.com/36e8e89f196efd9b955adee9251f0ffd
https://gyazo.com/3f9865b7ea0f547cf150b0db07b8d206
toribash is probably a cube, its not infinite, i saw a youtube vid of some guy making the biggest map in gaming, he made 2048 full scale universes on one map, i doubt toribash is that big but im just curious about unimportant shit xdd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Probably around double the maximum engage distance, you'll be hitting outside 32bit number limits once you pass there

Distance units are meters (Toris are gigantic as far as the physics engine is concerned), so it's likely has a max range of around -4,294,967,296 < -> 0 < -> 4,294,967,296 meters, OFC there could also be a hardcoded limit hidden in there somewhere - but if there isn't, I guess it would be around 8,589,934,592 meters edge to edge before things go wonky or crash

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
aight next step someone build a 1:1 scale SUN in toribash
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 29, 2024 at 10:27 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
tb space is ~8 times bigger than the sun

[s] [tgs] [w] [dp]
Clan League 2013 & 2019 Champion