Ranking
What this is is basically an opener?

You can have like a bonus turn frame since you're already in a nice stance (Same to what you would use an opener for so you can straight up ignore using an opener).

I'd rather have the seishin implemented rather than this, say someone has a boxing stance, it would take them one turn to get a nice punch in and it'll take 2 turns for someone in the stock stance to do the same.

Are you guys trying to turn this game into pay to play or something?
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
What this is is basically an opener?

You can have like a bonus turn frame since you're already in a nice stance (Same to what you would use an opener for so you can straight up ignore using an opener).

I'd rather have the seishin implemented rather than this, say someone has a boxing stance, it would take them one turn to get a nice punch in and it'll take 2 turns for someone in the stock stance to do the same.

Are you guys trying to turn this game into pay to play or something?

Not to mention, The experienced players that know the joints create a stance that is literally perfection for the ED of the mod.

Say, Abd. Before one stance could do this, another could strike, run, and point hold while the opponent flounders the entire time trying to comeback and make the game interesting.

Does this really even encourage new players to come and try the game, It just adds more complex features the game doesn't need right now. It'll scare off newcomers who can't learn the joints. If the Devs can't think of actually viable features to make the game enjoyable for the old and new, don't add any.

It's actually funny, how we get this P2W and Meta shattering features throw at us frequently, yet all the legendary and well thought of suggestions in the suggestions thread will probably never be implemented, because of a perspective that only Devs can seem to see. Even the staff disagrees as I can see, and is it really worth destroying an alright fun game just so you can throw out the old members, and bring in the new (Which would possibly just make the community smaller, and probably more toxic. lol)
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
The irony is so strong following April 1 Seishins...

Copied some of the post outlining his arguments from YouTube (NFI why this wasn't posted by Les to the forum in the first place and why the Q&A and arguments are going on in YouTube instead of the official forums).

Below I've laid out my 4 part argument response and a summary.
Tl;dr (although it's worth a read imo):
If it can be balanced to the point that it's just a matter of preference/style then I don't have a problem. Quite unlikely that that is possible though.
Another idea if a change in gameplay is what is being looked for: Mod/gamemode/rooms where both players start in new position. Tada, no balance needed.
If it will add any sort of advantage or similar then get the fuck out.

Onwards.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Summary

Last edited by Solax; Apr 5, 2015 at 03:51 PM.
anything that allowed one to have his hands closer to the opponent in something like abd would destroy the mod rofl

funny how the general argument is "everyone is a whiny bitch that doesnt want change" when the changes that are being suggested are to the core gameplay, which is already the games biggest strength. why not focus on more interesting stuff like the interface or even fixing the stuff that is still sketchy and does not work perfectly (i know this is not the suggestion board but this is the perfect time to say that if it was possible to implement a very basic was to manage replays more easily ingame (move between folders, create folders, edit name) i would enjoy it much more)

obviously silly idea that is being suggested for the sake of going somewhere with the game without thinking about it first is obviously silly. not much to discuss here
Last edited by pusga; Apr 5, 2015 at 03:56 PM.
oh yeah
It'd be pretty neat to have some new mods that allow the users to alter their starting position before the first turn.
That would be essentially fair, give the users some new options for the game play and wouldn't be pay to win or anything like that. It would enhance the gameplay because all sorts of starting stances, not only a few limited ones, would be possible.
Those new mods would exist alongside existing ones. There would essentially just be an option to turn “creative stances” or however you wanna call them on and off.

Creating static stances you have to activate in the shop is not smart at all. It limits creativity and allows users to spy on their opponents. Not to mention that it's not easily possible to change it fast. Imagine having to open your browser, logging in and browsing to your inventory just to change the way you play… ridiculous.

The way LesDuncan handles this is pretty retarded, but his incompetence speaks through his false ideas about toribash in general. vOv
The fact that he wants to take this discussion to his youtube channel so he can generate more income speaks for his intentions.

hanz0 says: Wait, he actually did that? 10/10 really lesduncan
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM.
i think it'll add something new to toribash, new possibilities and it'll add a little something to the game. Personally i think it sounds interesting
R.I.P Sean (bobsanders147) i'll miss you man, we all love you and miss you.
If this were to be added to the game, it would become p2w. Even if they were free, it would destroy the main part of toribash- making your own moves. This would also push away many old players and shrink the community. I like toribash how it is, and this would make the game a lot worse.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
"Last Match LesDuncan was defeated by paopao0389 on Jul 24, 2014."

let's not forget that hampa gave him 10k qi, he didn't even play in the first place
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Regardless of how shitty implementing this idea would turn out to be, I'm more upset with the little changes that were considered "too much work" to implement, but now there is behind the scenes development for changes no one even wants, and will very much so change the game. If this is truly implemented, the most useful suggestion from the suggestions board would be to delete the suggestions board, because it seems the communities input on an idea as a whole has no effect on whether or not it will occur.

Decisions that affect the entire game, should not be made by people who do not play the game.

Here are some good suggestions (imo) that would be wayyy better implemented than this:

Grab Threshold
- If you want to see moderate change to Toribash, this would be great as toggable feature
Bet ping
- People have complained about this since the very beginning, maybe you can fix a simple feature first
Replay delete button
- You'd think after so many years it'd be a little simpler to give us a button instead of dragging files out of a folder / deleting them outside of the application
Competitive Ranking System
- Tons of complaining about rank all the time, it was suggested to give us a 2ndary competitive rank system, with competitive rooms. was said to be "too much work"
Last edited by DropKick; Apr 5, 2015 at 07:05 PM.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
stances
its not what you think. its going to be ABD only and hampa hasn't decided if its going to be a free or not. this is what i commented on the vid (i don't think this is a good idea. people wouldn't be as unique. whats so amazing about swexx his realism. whats so amazing about flash his corks. whats so amazing about xlr84life his ability to run. its like saying all of our skill that we worked for is just wasted. its not going to be as fun, because the reason why we play is to see ourselves improve and that brings confidence. if we bring this new feature its like saying its doing it for us and we don't do the whole thing. i mean think about it were not learning anything about the game by doing this) and this is what he replied. (If I didn't properly state this in my video, I ONLY want this feature in ABD. I told Hampa this. If me using these non-ABD replays altered your well-articulated arguments that seem to be made for a different mod than ABD, I apologize. Sorry about that one. Here are my counter arguments: 1. Competitive ABD can only be so unique, man. New stances widen the the gameplay possibilities and allow players to further express their uniqueness. 2. In ABD, you can only move so realistically. I don't know how a different opener stance would affect realism. 3. I don't know what "corks" are. If it's a competitive ABD move, I'm sure he'd still be able to pull it off against an opponent. 4. I don't usually see running in competitive ABD. 5. Whatever skill you've acquired in competitive ABD will NOT be wasted lol. At the end of day, most pro level TB players will show us that even if you have a strong opener, they can out smart you/out play you in the mid game and late game, where stances and openers become almost irrelevant. 6. It's going to be just as fun, just a little different. 7. You'll improve in competitive ABD like normal. You just get to improve and build new opener moves across multiple stances, instead of just one. 8. The stances aren't doing anything for you, except giving you new opener move possibilities. I hope this eased your concerns.)
-----
so please understand its only for competitive gameplay and if you have to buy them then i understand its a bad idea but if its for ABD only then i would like to see it happen
Last edited by shakenyoh; Apr 5, 2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump