Toribash
View Poll Results: Special Servers?
No. That's unfair.
32 Votes / 54.24%
Yes, in the registration variety.
28 Votes / 47.46%
Yes, in the large number of textures variety.
5 Votes / 8.47%
Yes, in the toribooster subscriber variety.
4 Votes / 6.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Question
Can we make the game cost money again? Or at least bring back "registered only" servers? Seriously. When you make a game free you really bring in the idiots. Let them have their buyable colors and such but at least let the oldbies play with oldbies ONLY. [/rant]

EDIT:
Poll submitted at 6:50 -8GMT time.
Last edited by hitman; Feb 19, 2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: poll submitted at 6:50 -8GMT time.
Forum Posting Leader of UkeDemon 4th Dan Black Belt
<C0XY> i wrote a artical for the torinews... im proud
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>
When you say idiots, do you mean noobs or assholes?

We have Black belt servers to hold back the noobs..

And for the assholes, you could just pm a mod..

I think the game is okay in my opinion though.
Originally Posted by Scarvin View Post
When you say idiots, do you mean noobs or assholes?

We have Black belt servers to hold back the noobs..

And for the assholes, you could just pm a mod..

I think the game is okay in my opinion though.

Anyone with a lesser intelligence usually. Assholes go in that category. Noobs usually go in that category but not always. We all know for a fact that everyone who has registration loves this game enough to pay for it. People who play it for free; don't care two shits about this place. They'll say anything they want, act any way they want. And PM a mod? That's like tattling. We shouldn't have to tattle on idiots. As for black belt servers. It doesn't take an intelligent person to play a certain number of matches. I liked the way things used to be around here. Before the newfag flood. Honestly I resent Hampa for choosing to let it be free. But it's his choice and I still have an insurmountable amount of respect for him but at least give us a haven.
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
Anyone with a lesser intelligence usually. Assholes go in that category. Noobs usually go in that category but not always. We all know for a fact that everyone who has registration loves this game enough to pay for it. People who play it for free; don't care two shits about this place. They'll say anything they want, act any way they want. And PM a mod? That's like tattling. We shouldn't have to tattle on idiots. As for black belt servers. It doesn't take an intelligent person to play a certain number of matches. I liked the way things used to be around here. Before the newfag flood. Honestly I resent Hampa for choosing to let it be free. But it's his choice and I still have an insurmountable amount of respect for him but at least give us a haven.

Your right on that part hitman, but the sad thing is that many people can't do anything to stop them from acting like idiots and think that they can do blah blah blah...

I know I don't have much to say but I think you just have to deal with it :/
hmmm i'm not sure i would have got the game to start with if it wasnt free...

now if i had to pay to keep on playing, i would.. but i think that making it free enlarges the community, which has to be good for the game.. but "subscribers only" servers dosnt sound like a bad idea.
Originally Posted by Scarvin View Post
Your right on that part hitman, but the sad thing is that many people can't do anything to stop them from acting like idiots and think that they can do blah blah blah...

I know I don't have much to say but I think you just have to deal with it :/

Here's the thing though. We can make a difference. Simply allow like 4 "registered only" servers AT LEAST. So people who really care about the game can play there.

Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
hmmm i'm not sure i would have got the game to start with if it wasnt free...

now if i had to pay to keep on playing, i would.. but i think that making it free enlarges the community, which has to be good for the game.. but "subscribers only" servers dosnt sound like a bad idea.

I still agree with part of it being free. But in runescape concept; some free, some purchased. I would pay monthly (you heard me monthly) $20 to have access to registered only servers.
<m0om> <O >
<m0om> <O>
$20 dosent sound too high. I think i agree with you on this one; waiting in an 8 person long queue of whitebelts dq ing themselves to play some toribash...= not so fun..
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
Here's the thing though. We can make a difference. Simply allow like 4 "registered only" servers AT LEAST. So people who really care about the game can play there.

That'll probably land in suggestions, I think thats a good idea though.
Yea, theres allot more nubs and assholes now but just gotta deal with it, cus now we gots more peeps and that means more $ for hampa and them.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
im waiting for some higher powered people to come in and blow this thread apart maybe?

but i think there are advantages to both paying for the game and not.