ES Recruitment Drive
Comparing an ants life to a humans is silly. It may be life, but it's an ant.
What can an ant achieve? What can an ant do to keep a sustainable environment?
Ants cannot do what we do, we achieve more, we help better the future of our generation. Ants do not care for us and these insects are just as dangerous. Also, fire ants only live up to 30 - 180 days(Not including the Queen) so what was it going to do in its lifespan? Work like slaves for the Queen till death departs them?
Last edited by Maxiboo; Mar 10, 2016 at 08:41 PM.
Steam: aruwind
Originally Posted by Maxiboo View Post
Comparing an ants life to a humans is silly. It may be life, but it's an ant.
What can an ant achieve? What can an ant do to keep a sustainable environment?
Ants cannot do what we do, we achieve more, we help better the future of our generation. Ants do not care for us and these insects are just as dangerous. Also, fire ants only live up to 30 - 180 days(Not including the Queen) so what was it going to do in its lifespan? Work like slaves for the Queen till death departs them?

Ants live in their ant hills. Well, what's underneath. Which is what people destroyed so they can make their ant channel art.

They achieve the ability to survive with their own species. As do we. We have a president, or a queen, a king, a dictator. Why do you think there's a queen bee? Because they're in charge and must be kept alive. I don't know about the queen ant, but I'm sure they have their own thing of doing it. Possibly the same.

My point is, that their lives are not meaningless. Just like ours aren't. Same with *sigh* wasps and hornets. I still dislike them, but never knew their actual helpful skills till a little bit ago. Because I was too ignorant and didnt even care to look for myself.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Mar 10, 2016 at 08:48 PM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Essentially, more of their genetic code is passed on by keeping the queen alive than by keeping themselves (and their own offspring) alive. Evolution made them instinctively serve their queen in the same way it made us instinctively want to create and look after our own children.
Good morning sweet princess
there is no justification for why life is good or why it's bad so their values are equal
human life = ant life = 0
Seems like a lot of you are answering the question of which life is more valuable from the perspective of the Earth and what's best for it. A value requires a valuer, and when the valuer is Earth it seems like there's agreement that humans are more destructive and ants are ecologically crucial.

What about when we are the valuers? How would you answer the question of which life is more important then?
When you feel a bit depressed & your day is full of doubt,
Remember in the scheme of things, your life just doesn't count.
Compared to outer space you're just a tiny little speck
On the dark side of this rock, you're just a meaty little fleck.
You think there's nothing better than the planet we call Earth
But we all seem pretty tiny next to Neptune's mighty girth.

In other words, if life was wiped out, who'd care? The universe would still exist, just like how we still exist when we kill an ant colony.

Life doesn't matter. The universe would still go on.

Other than that, try this:

Take the human race, & turn them into ants. That would be 7 billion ants, right? They would do better than us because they wouldn't invent guns or nuclear arms to blow up people they interpret as bad. They would all work together. turning Earth into the greatest inhabitable place for ants.

Don't kill ants, they're nice people if you be nice to them & stay away.
woah
I'll bring up another point.

Since a lot of you look at the worth of an ant's life by what it does for us.. with this logic, shouldn't it be totally okay to kill Chihuahuas, too? Their only purpose (as far as I can see) is to be a cute, cuddly lapdog. In other words.. They don't really do much for the ecosystem.

Why isn't it okay for us to go around crushing equally pointless Chihuahuas, but it's okay to crush an ant? Because the Chihuahua is cute?
Fire ants also have an importance in the ecosystem. With a quick google I found out that they help reduce the numbers of several types of pest insects, which give them a meaning in the food chain.

Here's a link

Even though these insects may not be flawless in any way, they do have a part in the balance of nature.
Last edited by Mack; Mar 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen