Toribash
Original Post
Local Moderator Applications
Hi guys;

Here's where you can apply to moderate a specific forum. Go ahead and post your applications right on the thread.

PLEASE NOTE:
- THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BE A GLOBAL MOD/INGAME MODERATOR.
- PLAGIARISM OF OTHER PEOPLE'S APPLICATIONS IS PROHIBITED.
- IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN REGARDING AN APPLICANT, PM AN ALPHA TEAM MEMBER. ANY POSTS THAT ARE NOT APPLICATIONS WILL BE INFRACTED, AND FLAMERS WILL BE BANNED.

That said,

-----

Local Moderator Application

Please answer all questions as truthfully as possible, in your best English. We will ignore any applications that were obviously not well thought-out or taken seriously.

1. How old are you?

2. a.) How long have you been playing Toribash? b.) How long have you been active on the forums?

3. a.) What timezone do you live in? b.) At what times of day are you generally active?

4. How much time do you typically spend on the forums each day?

5. Which board would you like to moderate?

6. Why are you interested in moderating said board?

7. Do you have any previous experience in moderating forums/managing users? If so, a.) What were your responsibilities, b.) How well do you think you did your job, and c.) If you left, why did you do so?

8. How well do you think you are known/liked in the Toribash community?

9. If there is anything else that you think we should know, please put it here.

-----

If you'd like to vouch for an applicant, feel free to PM me with your comments or recommendations regarding them.

If I receive PMs that are obviously spam OR multiaccounting, they will be ignored and the applicant may be turned down.
Last edited by hanz0; Jan 23, 2009 at 01:54 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Observation:

More than 50% of Local Mods are from the Promo Team....

Shocker....
Last edited by Numb; Feb 17, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
why almost all new mods are in Promo team??isn't it unfair?? they have good position already

EDIT:lol the same what Aspire thinks.
I'm [Addicted]
I was not thinking it was unfair.

It was right.

Promo Team is like Trail Moderator(for me)
Originally Posted by XmiechoX View Post
why almost all new mods are in Promo team??isn't it unfair?? they have good position already

Moderator rights aren't given out so people could have high positions, they are given out so subforums would be moderated fast and would be spam free.

Or at least that was probably the original idea, but i think i can say most of the people applying here just did it so they could be higher and "cooler" than others =P

And as promo team members have proven their self already (or else they wouldn't be promo team), it's obvious that many of them could be selected.
Whoop Whoop
Originally Posted by XmiechoX View Post

Fair had nothing to do with it. See Magix's post; the people picked were people that we trusted to do an efficient and good job moderating the boards.

PM me for further questions.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&