ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Recruiting Mod Makers!

Hello toribash community! We here at the gm's, as you know, are here to make your experience here more enjoyable with fun events for you to do. Whether they be make a piece of art, or tear someone limb from limb.
Toribash is really varied, and mods are one area that are often neglected. We plan to change that.
Do you have loads of cool mod ideas? Can you make mods? Know how to do toribash lua magics?
If you're answering yes to any of these then you should apply to be a mod maker!

What's the job!?
Pretty self explanatory really. You make mods either at the request of the gms, or if you get a cool idea, you can make a mod for it and we'll host it! To clarify you won't be a gamemaster, it's a sub team with the objective of making stuff better for the whole community, as such you won't particularly need to deal with users or anything, just do what you love doing, if you love modding. You will however be eligible for some rewards as part of the new GM rewards system!

Where do I sign!?
Send Erth a pm with your application with this format:
IRC client?:
Why we should have you:
Examples of mods you have made:

The MAIN thing we'll be looking at is what mods you have made.

How long do I have to work on my amazing application!?
You got 2 weeks to send your app to me (13th July) before the official recruiting process ends. Beyond that we will always be technically taking applications but we DO NOT want this to be a big team. There's gonna be like 3 or 4 people max.

Ask any questions you may have either to myself in pm, or in this thread and I will do my best to reply in good time, but mans gotta practice for clan league knowwhatimsayin

*also we want more artists lol
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Oh great event erth i love it! Well i think of an event! This what im waiting for! or i mean an idea hehe
CLICK IT
Great idea! I fucking love it! Official modmakers = official darn good mods!

Make sure your modmakers get some kind of reward though, otherwise there would be no reason to become one, as you could just make mods without being an official modmaker.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
Great idea! I fucking love it! Official modmakers = official darn good mods!

Make sure your modmakers get some kind of reward though, otherwise there would be no reason to become one, as you could just make mods without being an official modmaker.

I recently pushed forward a new GM rewards system. Artists and mod makers will be incorporated into this system.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
What types of mods will each modmaker be expected to make?
Bodymods, new compeditive mods, envs?

Will the each modmaker get to choose what types of mods they make?
Or is it up to the modteam to divide the tasks among themselves?
Originally Posted by jisse View Post
What types of mods will each modmaker be expected to make?
Bodymods, new compeditive mods, envs?

Will the each modmaker get to choose what types of mods they make?
Or is it up to the modteam to divide the tasks among themselves?

They'll make whatever we can. We ideally want people who can do body mods, triggers, environments, everything.

The way it works will kind of be worked out as we get people as a system like this hasn't really been done before, so we'll see what works.
It works similar to gm artist.
GM has an idea for an event, asks mod team for mod, discussion ensues, mod squad makes mod, event is hosted.
Or mod squad makes a cool mod, posts it, GM can create an event for it.

I'm hoping for initiative on the mod makers part, they're the ones that can mod and know stuff about it, so I want them to carry on making cool mods, as they have been doing.

EDIT: Also to clarify, I deleted Swaves' post because it doesn't work the same as Risks system, and I don't want it to become public knowledge how it works other than "Gms earn points, and eventually get a few things"
Last edited by Erth; Jun 30, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
She/They

Before I apply, I have one question. What do you mean by the first "field" in the application format (also, should it be free-form, or should I just answer each question?), the question states "IRC client?:"
Craftinbros new main account
hello ;)
here is some examples of my mods ;)
Attached Thumbnails
assassins preview.jpg   evil puppet.jpg   ninja wall scale.jpg   nightmare2.jpg   ballwar2 extreme.jpg  

Good Renders Everyone's Emotional Doom.
"Come with me, and let's watch the world burn together"
Originally Posted by Tekst View Post
Before I apply, I have one question. What do you mean by the first "field" in the application format (also, should it be free-form, or should I just answer each question?), the question states "IRC client?:"

It means, do you have an irc client? You'll need to use the irc if you get the job.

Originally Posted by Bavaros View Post
here is some examples of my mods ;)

Don't apply here, please, follow the instructions in the OP
She/They

Erth what is an IRC client, is it what program you use for irc and does toribash irc count
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.