ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[WIP]Drake
So it's been a while since I've been active. Molik14 has been waiting for a head for at least a month, probably two.
I have free time now.

Add those together and the only logical choice is to make that head.

I've never done a black head before. Many grays, but no black metal. Why? Because shadows are a lot more difficult this way.
However, I'm gonna try to do that with this head, and if I can't get it to look good, I'll lighten it up maybe 5% to make room for subtle shadows.

My plan is to make a helmet style head, as if someone killed nightmare and wore his skull. Not sure yet, so it would probably end up being different.

This time I'm also gonna pay more attention to the bottom. On nightmare, it was a bit rushed and didn't fit too well. Doesn't have to be complex. Maybe scales or ridges. Maybe carbon fiber, which would be really easy now.

The good thing about making it black is that making it have a carbon fiber look should be easy if I really wanted. 512 makes it possible without being too grainy.

Anyway, this thread is as more to help me organize my ideas and get suggestions than to simply show progress.

I: Signs of life

(Would have done more but I've got more work to do)

Eyes will be between the sets of teeth. Might make the top ones thinner so they can be placed a bit higher. Could add a sort of webbing underneath to fill in the space that would leave. Will probably do a double top plate like on my current head, just broader.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I know its really early in the process and all, but the current teeth placement will lead into nonesense.
Nice effect to it i like it and good shading techniques by this is finished it will possibly be 10/10 :>
holla holla get dolla
Woops, forgot to update with eyes!

Anyway here are the eyes

made teeth smaller. Might just take them out entirely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
hmmh, somewhat those teeth don't look good with the eyes. Why don't you try to take eyes totally off and make the head without eyes O: or maybe some little glow inside the "mouth".
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
I would say remove those white things about the eyes , add something diffrent there maybe like a plate or something :P
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
I can't wait to see the rest of the detail. >_< I think my brain may implode.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-