ES Recruitment Drive
im not really bad at streams, my friend says I can tap pretty fast and I agree, but I probably have the same problem as you. I can keep a stream for like 10 notes max

streams are hard mode T-T

anyways im pretty sure I can single tap 200bpm really easily after warming up
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any tips on how to start being more consistent on high 5* and 6* maps, as in FC'ing them?
I'm 30k-ish rank, I main HD and I also alternate.
As for the issue, I tend to miss huge cross-screens and streams longer than 20 notes.
Also I literally can't read 1-2's.
Playing on a private server atm, so I don't know my exact bancho rank.
aeiou | #bantwin | twin's musical sense is like morning diarrhea
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Any tips on how to start being more consistent on high 5* and 6* maps, as in FC'ing them?
As for the issue, I tend to miss huge cross-screens and streams longer than 20 notes.

as a 5/6 stars player I would recommend you trying the slowest maps you find. I see 5 and 6 stars as where the game starts getting faster and bpm tends to increase, only occasionally with 5 stars but 6 stars substantially ranges out of comfort zones, at least that's how it was for me.
Being able to read any AR9 to AR10 is very important, and if you want significant results you should train your endurance as well. 5 stars are, most of the time, maps with standard jumps and streams/stacks that don't varies very much, sometimes a huge jump sequence or a stupidly fast/long stream shall appear but I've never seen this too often. 6 stars is where the game gets retarded and you'll often have difficulties with jumps and streams at certain points of each map, so you'll need to polish as much as possible your 5 stars skills, being capable of performing a stable gameplay without much effort and be ready to hit some hardmode notes.

so I'd stick to 5 stars and when you feel comfortable enough you should try HR, which is scary at first but later you'll see it will improve all your basic skills. As long as you can do 5 stars rate jumps/streams easily and for long, you should be okay, seek for slower maps

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Yami View Post

can't read 1-2s?

play 1-2s

cant stream?

play streams
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
as a 5/6 stars player I would recommend you trying the slowest maps you find. I see 5 and 6 stars as where the game starts getting faster and bpm tends to increase, only occasionally with 5 stars but 6 stars substantially ranges out of comfort zones, at least that's how it was for me.
Being able to read any AR9 to AR10 is very important, and if you want significant results you should train your endurance as well. 5 stars are, most of the time, maps with standard jumps and streams/stacks that don't varies very much, sometimes a huge jump sequence or a stupidly fast/long stream shall appear but I've never seen this too often. 6 stars is where the game gets retarded and you'll often have difficulties with jumps and streams at certain points of each map, so you'll need to polish as much as possible your 5 stars skills, being capable of performing a stable gameplay without much effort and be ready to hit some hardmode notes.

so I'd stick to 5 stars and when you feel comfortable enough you should try HR, which is scary at first but later you'll see it will improve all your basic skills. As long as you can do 5 stars rate jumps/streams easily and for long, you should be okay, seek for slower maps

Thanks for advice, I am actually better at HDHR than just HD, and I recently started to do a lot of ar9 HDDT, which helped me get used to ar10.3.
Regarding your advice, should I do long 5*, or tv-size?
Random fact: 4/5 my top plays are HDHR and 5th is hitorigoto hddt ss.
-----
Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
can't read 1-2s?

play 1-2s

cant stream?

play streams

That is basically same as saying "play more", just a bit more details, but still thanks for advice.
Last edited by Shiro; Jan 6, 2019 at 06:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
aeiou | #bantwin | twin's musical sense is like morning diarrhea
both long and tv-size work imo, as long as you can keep your stability throughout the whole map you should be ok

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

because that's the only advice you can give when playing a game that is only on your ability to physically play or see
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Past a certain point, it's harder to trill (2 fingers alternating) than it is to single tap high BPM.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Past a certain point, it's harder to trill (2 fingers alternating) than it is to single tap high BPM.

I personally hate alternating, even this map I did single-tapping

there are exceptions tho

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

restricted lmfao kms
boosting people is a mistake
-----
just a tip from me, practice singletapping and streaming, because at a certain point alternating is really hard to do without overtapping (flyingtuna is a special case), and streaming is equally important, I never practiced streaming, so in the end I can play only dt jump maps and not stream.
-----
Also a play that I'm really proud of, 499pp ayy
the 1-2 jump is cancer to hit
Last edited by Trocher3; Jan 7, 2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
:D