Ranking
Unity is good. You can use either javascript(unityscript), C#, or uhmm boo or w/e it's called, to script in it.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
Gamemaker's ok.

This is a lie. Using gamemaker is like trying to build a beautiful house with a butter knife and a pile of baked horse shit.

I'm currently attending a college that offers technical-oriented majors in game design, coding, entertainment design, etc, and if you can get one coding language down cold, like C++, you'll be ahead of the curve.

I would also recommend learning a highly object-oriented programming language like javascript, since it's extremely prevalent, and gaming in general is moving further into an online medium. Also javascript is a lot easier to pick up than C.

Or you could learn Flash's Actionscript, create some flash games, and then release a mind-blowingly innovative new game based on your creations, make many millions of dollars, and become the next Notch, ala Minecraft.
-----
Originally Posted by DaBandito View Post
Programmers are the blue collar workers of game industry (though their average wage is higher compared to designers), while designers are the architects.

Artists are the blue collar workers of the game industry, and are paid as such.

Programmers are white collar.

Game designers are the fat hairy guys in dirty clothing who get paid almost as much as the programmers to do a job most teenage boys could do better.
Last edited by Hamster; Feb 24, 2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]