Toribash
I love the idea that NASA is sending another mars rover to mars.
Woof Woof Woof Woof Woof
fooW fooW fooW fooW fooW
Originally Posted by Praeter View Post
And he's saying that he hopes they do find life, you moron.

I find it really interesting, it's quite exciting. Who knows what would happen if they did find life on Mars.

Unlikely, and if they did fine life, it wouldn't be these green aliens we see portrayed on the television. At best it'll be single cellular bacteria. I don't find this super fascinating, but to find another planet like earth, that would be something to die for.
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
Unlikely, and if they did fine life, it wouldn't be these green aliens we see portrayed on the television. At best it'll be single cellular bacteria. I don't find this super fascinating, but to find another planet like earth, that would be something to die for.

Consider what alien life is, it will not be of earth, meaning we can learn the following things;

A) How likely it is that we were the result of panspermia, or organic life crashing down onto earth then evolving, rather than starting here.
B) If the life is similar we may find new biological material that can assist in the discovery of new medicines. If the life is not similar we will learn more about the definition of life, and how to make mico-organisms, and what we can do with them.
C) The history of life on Mars, and if there was ever any larger species on it, as it was once not unlike Earth.
D) Things I have not considered, which seeing as you missed those three could mean many more things we could learn.

Don't be so quick to judge research. Most useful information is not obvious, nor attractive to obtain, until we have it.
Last edited by Vox; Dec 1, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
Consider what alien life is, it will not be of earth, meaning we can learn the following things;

A) How likely it is that we were the result of panspermia, or organic life crashing down onto earth then evolving, rather than starting here.
B) If the life is similar we may find new biological material that can assist in the discovery of new medicines. If the life is not similar we will learn more about the definition of life, and how to make mico-organisms, and what we can do with them.
C) The history of life on Mars, and if there was ever any larger species on it, as it was once not unlike Earth.
D) Things I have not considered, which seeing as you missed those three could mean many more things we could learn.

Don't be so quick to judge research. Most useful information is not obvious, nor attractive to obtain, until we have it.

I agree, finding life would be extremely beneficial, but do I find single cellular microbes interesting? No, not really. I understand that we could learn so much more if we were to find other organisms, and I truly hope they do find some.
Originally Posted by Beast696 View Post
"aliens" are inside the planet , not outside also , each planet has an hole goes inside the core (except earth as NASA saying) but this is a lie and one of the
TOP SECRET things). On Northpole and Southpole is a hole goes inside the earth, they are covered on NASA pics , Russian Military know about them,America is hiding that from us. Inside the Planet is an Wormhole leads to another dimension and another "Future Earth"
This missions bullshit is just a fake to hide the truth they want us to believe they dont know about anything and still searching outside, Secrets hiding the secrets , also ppl was on the moon but not with an spaceshuttle.
Also on 2012 is starting a mission called "Luna Globe" by Russians.
and no jire we cant survive on the Mars, cuz the Sun dont goes so far, and its to cold there or want u tell me u survive on -85°
also the mars has no water since the chemical characteristics of atmosphere dont support Water in liquid form,its more like an cold desert... highest temperatures are 20 ° also there is carbon monoxide in the Air which is extremely toxic for humans and only a little bit oxygen no chance to survive their..

Oh, now we know.
"aliens" are inside the planet , not outside also , each planet has an hole goes inside the core (except earth as NASA saying) but this is a lie and one of the
TOP SECRET things). On Northpole and Southpole is a hole goes inside the earth, they are covered on NASA pics , Russian Military know about them,America is hiding that from us. Inside the Planet is an Wormhole leads to another dimension and another "Future Earth"
This missions bullshit is just a fake to hide the truth they want us to believe they dont know about anything and still searching outside, Secrets hiding the secrets , also ppl was on the moon but not with an spaceshuttle.
and no jire we cant survive on the Mars, cuz the Sun dont goes so far, and its to cold there or want u tell me u survive on -85°
also the mars has no water since the chemical characteristics of atmosphere dont support Water in liquid form,its more like an cold desert... highest temperatures are 20 ° also there is carbon monoxide in the Air which is extremely toxic for humans and only a little bit oxygen no chance to survive their..

Normally I'd ask for a citation but oh my god this is the best post ever

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&

I know I'm going to regret this, but sources are?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you

I love you. Please write my biography
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.

Write an essay on this, please. I will give you all that I have. Pure genius.